Economic Development Officer
Town of Parry Sound
52 Seguin Street, Parry Sound, Ontario P2A 1B4
Tel: (705) 746-2101
Fax: (705) 746-7461
Located amidst the 30,000 islands of Georgian Bay and a 2.5 hour drive north of Toronto, the Town of Parry Sound offers an exceptional quality of life.
Join us as our Economic Development Officer in this new full-time permanent position.
As the Town’s Economic Development Officer, you will
- Develop and implement an Economic Development Action Plan for the Town of Parry Sound that supports Council's Strategic Plan to include business retention and expansion, business/investment attraction, tourism development, marketing/communications/digital strategy.
- Represent the Town on the West Parry Sound Economic Development Collaborative Steering Committee.
- Develop and maintain a Community Profile, and maintain the economic development landing page content.
- Research and prepare funding applications.
- Receive and respond to all economic development inquiries; prepare economic impact analysis for potential business/development and comment on development proposals/plans.
- Prepare the annual economic development budget and be accountable for same.
- Work with the tourism sector to grow and develop tourism product; implement, measure and report on actions and successes in Tourism Development Plan.
- Requires a university degree in a related discipline (ie: Economic Development, Commerce, Economics, Business).
- Economic Development certification and attainment of Economic Development Officer designation.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Political acuity and sensitivity along with exemplary research, presentation, negotiation and analytical skills.
- Ability to be diplomatic and tactful, exercising discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal direction.
- Requires an understanding of municipal affairs, business principles and market, statistical analysis, and a good knowledge of marketing and business promotion.
- Flexible and positive approach and initiative to complete assignments to achieve results.
- Ability to work with stakeholder groups, business owners, executives and elected officials.
- Ability to develop, lead and motivate teams with a focus on results.
- Valid G Driver’s Licence
A complete job description can be found on the Town of Parry Sound website
This is a full-time permanent job with salary of 73,000 to 95,000. The Town offers an excellent pension plan, and comprehensive and competitive medical and dental benefits package.
Please submit by e-mail only, your covering letter and resume in one document under the subject line “[your name] EDO application”, by 9 AM on Friday, March 16, 2018 to: Lynn Middaugh, Town of Parry Sound at email@example.com.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.
The Town of Parry Sound is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Town of Parry Sound Recruitment Policy. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest in employment with the Town of Parry Sound. We will contact those applicants selected for an interview.