Information Governance & Records Manager
Town of Milton
The Town of Milton’s Corporate Services Department is accepting applications for the permanent, full-time position of Information Governance & Records Manager. Reporting to the Town Clerk, this newly created position is responsible for creating and shaping a brand new information governance and records program for the Town. The vision is to be a leader in this field – we want you to lead us there. This role offers the opportunity to set the strategic direction for governance of corporate information assets and is responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, and the ongoing improvement of the information governance and records program. This role is also responsible for ensuring the Town meets its obligations with respect to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) and other related legislation and regulations. As one of the fastest-growing municipalities in Canada, the Town of Milton offers the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team where you can have a direct influence on the future of the community. A place of possibility.
Develops strategies, goals and priorities relating to information governance and records management, ensuring alignment with divisional/corporate direction.
- Conducts research to monitor trends, best practices, changing priorities and emerging issues, and provides analysis regarding legislation and policy improvement
- Identifies areas of potential impact to strategic plans, operations and delivery of services
- Develops and implements process and service improvement initiatives
Leads and ensures the delivery of effective corporate-wide information governance and records program services.
- Oversees and undertakes all aspects of corporate projects regarding information governance, records management and MFIPPA such as strategic plans, business cases, and audits
- Provides technical and strategic support and advice to members of the Strategic Management Team and the Leadership Management Team on information governance, records management, and MFIPPA program challenges, performance, and requirements
- Leads and influences the activities and performance of staff for information governance, records management, and MFIPPA services by providing work direction and technical advice and expertise
- Ensures information governance and records management principles are identified and incorporated into corporate projects and initiatives
- Develops, manages, and monitors budgets to facilitate goals, objectives and priorities
- Provides Information Governance program and policy training
- Ensures the Division and the Town meet all policy, service standards, best practices, and legislative requirements for this program
Oversees and undertakes all duties required under MFIPPA and related legislation and regulations.
- Receives, processes, and renders decisions for all MFIPPA and related requests ensuring adherence to applicable legislation, regulations, IPC Orders, and best practices
- Ensures employees across the corporation undertake all necessary duties in response to such requests
- Post-secondary degree with a focus in information management, public administration, library science, or program administration
- Certified Records Manager (CRM) or Certified Information Professional (CIP) designation
- Graduate Degree in Information Management, Library Science or related discipline and Information Governance Professional (IGP) certification preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience at a management or corporate level for the provision of information management programs
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, international standards and best practices as they relate to information governance and records management issues
- Strong ability to assess the impact of business processes and technology on information/records and recommend solutions that address organizational requirements
- Strong project management, leadership and change management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of records legislation, regulations, and best practices
- Passion for continuous improvement and seeking efficiencies
Salary Range: $77,436 – 96,795
Interested applicants should apply online at www.milton.ca under the Careers section by 11:59pm on, March 4, 2018.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation, applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used strictly for candidate selection.