City of Vaughan
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. Vaughan is considered one of Canada’s most family friendly cities with a dynamic and diverse population of over 325,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
In accordance with all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal Acts and Regulations, responsible for the maintenance and repair of water works infrastructure including basic inspection duties involving valves, hydrants, meters, chambers, mains, service connections, etc.; and/or provides assistance in the maintenance and repair of same.
Qualifications and experience:
- Grade 12 graduate or equivalent.
- Hold and maintain a valid Water Distribution Level 1 Operator License and willingness to obtain a Water Distribution Level 2 Operator License or higher.
- Hold and maintain a valid Water Meter Installers Certification in accordance with the apprenticeship and Certification Act.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the maintenance and repair of Municipal water and sewer systems and equipment.
- Ability for work unsupervised in a variety of maintenance and emergency situations.
- Completion of City of Vaughan and Ministry of Environment courses on Confined Space Entry.
Valid Class "D" with a "Z" endorsement driver’s license in good standing and be willing to obtain a Class "A" with a "Z" endorsement driver’s license if requested.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please click here to apply online by Friday, February 23, 2018.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.