City of Hamilton
Setting above-average standards and leading by example in support of a 24/7 operation will be central to the role of Superintendent of Operations with the City of Hamilton’s Transit Division. If you have what it takes, consider joining our team in one of these two leadership opportunities.
Reporting to the Manager, Transit Operations, and promoting a service-oriented culture, you will provide creative leadership to staff within a multi-functional workforce engaged in the delivery of services to the public and internal clients. You will be accountable for evaluating, and reporting on, the Section’s service, financial, administrative and staff performance against internal and external benchmarks, as well as designing and implementing strategies to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
Your qualifications as a Superintendent, Operations include:
- Knowledge of business administration theories and practices usually acquired by completing a diploma or degree in Business Administration or a related program and relevant progressive work experience.
- Considerable Transit management experience with a strong track record of managing employee relations, coupled with demonstrated management training and education.
- Considerable experience in route management, including schedule adherence, with the ability to identify emerging issues while ensuring effective and timely delivery of services.
- Excellent presentation, analytical, organizational, report-writing and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of City staff, members of the public, external consultants and suppliers.
- Working knowledge of computer software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, CAD and AVL systems.
- Previous experience with quality assurance, continuous improvement and change management programs.
- Experience in designing and delivering customer-focused programs and services.
- Highly effective leadership and facilitation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A valid class “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence and a point-free driving record and/or a record found to be satisfactory to the City of Hamilton.
- Ability to obtain, or current possession of, a class “CZ” licence.
- Applicants must be available for shift work, as this position supports a 24/7 operation requiring flexibility and availability for rotating shifts, including days, afternoons, nights and weekends.
These permanent, full-time positions offer a wage range of $47.537 to $55.597 per hour (based on a 35-hour work week schedule).
Hamilton. A city of progress.
At the City of Hamilton, our vision is “to be the best place to raise a child and age successfully.” With our rich history, culturally strong and diverse communities, blend of urban and rural attractions, and ideal location in the heart of the Golden Horseshoe, Hamilton is a vibrant community of neighbours. We are also a leading employer, with many opportunities to grow and excel. We invite you to share in our vision as part of the Transit Division in the Public Works Department.
For full details and to apply
If you are interested in working alongside a dedicated team that’s contributing to the well-being of Hamilton’s residents, please visit www.hamilton.ca/careers for details on these positions as Superintendent of Operations, JOB ID #13617, and to apply online, by Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
The City of Hamilton values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. We thank all who have applied; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.