Manager, Security – Regional Water Supply
City of London
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
Reporting to the Director, Regional Water Supply, the Manager, RWS Security works both independently and in a team environment to assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of RWS security programs including asset and staff protection, project management and procedural development; monitors compliance with existing legislation, policies and procedures; identifies areas of non-compliance and recommends corrective action; and provides advice and assistance to management and employees on security related issues. Primary responsibilities focus on the management of a physical security environment for the regional water systems supplying area municipalities, including the City of London.
- University Degree or Community College diploma or equivalent in the area of Corporate Security.
- Five to seven years previous management experience in the corporate security area.
- Certified Protection Professional and/or Physical Security Professional designation through the American Society of Industrial Security is a considerable asset.
- Knowledge of building access control systems, design and operation.
- Specialized training in relevant legislation, codes and standards.
- Demonstrated effective project management skills.
- Demonstrated effective writing skills and experience creating and developing training materials and programs.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of software applications.
- Demonstrated ability in troubleshooting and forensic skills and the ability to effectively collaborate in cross functional teams to resolve issues and improve security processes.
- Note: Working in confidential environment and required to sign an oath of confidentiality.
$79,458 to $112,551
How to Apply:
For a complete job description and to apply on-line, please visit the City of London website at http://bit.ly/2FT9re8
Please note following the interview stage, official transcripts as well as a criminal record check will be required prior to moving to the next stage in the selection process.
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of London is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.