Maintenance Management Supervisor (Program Coordinator)
Capital Regional District
The Maintenance Management Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the Maintenance Management Team as well as providing direction for maintenance management initiatives and processes. This position has responsibility for the data integrity of the Department’s computerized maintenance management system as well as ensuring standards and procedures are in place. The position also oversees the evaluation and development of preventive maintenance processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaises with internal stakeholders on plant maintenance initiatives, processes as well as long term planning and business strategies.
- Establishes internal business processes related to maintenance management initiatives, focusing on immediate and long term organizational needs.
- Works in collaboration with internal stakeholders to ensure operational needs as well as plant maintenance needs are met with a focus on departmental consistency and efficiencies.
- Works proactively with internal stakeholders to ensure that operational priorities are considered and implemented in processes and procedures.
- Works as a team player with internal stakeholders to problem solve as well as promote effective and consistent practices and processes.
- Supervises, develops and leads the Maintenance Management Team.
- Reviews, drafts and implements processes and procedures related to maintenance management goals and deliverables.
- Using the computerized maintenance management system monitors processes and reports on the deliverables.
- Coordinates maintenance management analysis to evaluate and optimize preventive maintenance programs, equipment performance and lifecycles.
- Ensure maintenance management development project timelines and deliverables are achieved.
- Ensures that standards are in place to promote system/data integrity and adherence to compliance and safety reporting requirements.
- Recommends changes to computerized maintenance management system.
- Prepares the maintenance management section budget and monitors expenditures.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Related Degree (such as Engineering, Business Management) and five years related experience including at least three years at a supervisory level. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills as well as the ability to deal with issue with tact and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with internal stakeholders and partners.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of computerized maintenance management systems, work management principles and Plant Maintenance (SAP would be an asset).
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, set outcomes and ensure deadlines and deliverables are achieved.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills
- Basic understanding of the operation and maintenance of water and wastewater systems.
- Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office programs
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, demonstrating critical and analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Demonstrated project management and project coordination experience with the ability to ensure critical timelines and deliverables are achieved.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability to apply judgement to assess situations and implement solutions with a commitment to efficiencies and corporate consistency.
- Proven ability to develop and document processes and procedures.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.