Asset Management Specialist
City of Vaughan
CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We have an exciting Temporary Non-Unionized opportunity in the Corporate Asset Management Department for an experienced and motivated individual
(1 Year Contract)
(JOB # J0118-0805)
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. Vaughan is considered one of Canada’s most family friendly cities with a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Asset Management, the Asset Management Specialist provides a lead role in the development, implementation, and administration of a lifecycle management plan including a long term capital forecast for all major lifecycle expenditures for City assets; Develops and implements asset management policy and procedures; Works in partnership with City departments to acquire an asset management work plan that is corporately integrated for City assets, in consideration of the capital budget reserve fund including risk management analysis of capital funding requirements for City assets. Establish risk management practices in life cycle cost analysis and performance engineering, to prioritize expenditures in collaboration with the Manager of Corporate Asset Management. Provide technical support on the management and maintenance of the municipal infrastructure and reports on the state of local infrastructure on an annual basis.
Qualifications and experience:
- Successful completion of a three (3) year College Diploma in Technical / Engineering e.g. CET, Architectural, Estimating or Quantity Surveying, or related field of study or suitable equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years multi-disciplinary experience in asset management related projects and activities. Preferably within a municipal environment.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Planning Act and associated Acts, By-Laws and Regulations.
- Must possess an understanding of multi-disciplinary asset requirements to effectively develop and maintain asset policies and valuation methodologies in the operation, maintenance and upgrade of municipal infrastructure.
- Knowledge of financial planning and procurement processes and practices, including capital and operating budgeting and cost estimation required.
- Knowledge in and ability to apply project management tools and methodologies.
- Proven proficiency and application in utilizing computer equipment and related software applications, i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Word, etc.
- Proven proficiency and application in utilizing Asset Management and GIS Software (eg. Esri ArcMap).
- Demonstrated technical competence utilizing asset management related technologies, both hardware and software solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in cost benefits analysis and risk management analysis and processes.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving skills, including the ability to organize and analyze data and information from a variety of sources and compile into recommendations for action with the potential for corporate and long-term impact.
- Demonstrated and effective oral / written communication skills and the ability to produce comprehensive reports and recommendations based on detailed analysis for varied audiences (e.g. with staff, elected officials, external agencies and members of the public).
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with various groups, including but not limited to the general public, staff, and other levels of government, consultants, contractors, facility users and elected officials.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in the City's core competencies and relevant functional competencies.
- A valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License in good standing.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as required.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please click here to apply online by Thursday, February 15, 2018.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.