City of Vaughan
CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We have an exciting Full Time Non-Unionized opportunity in the Infrastructure Delivery Department for an experienced and motivated individual
(JOB # J0118-0460)
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. Vaughan is considered one of Canada’s most family friendly cities with a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
Responsible for planning, designing, tendering and contract administration of multi-disciplinary infrastructure Capital projects. Projects include, but not limited to, environmental assessments, feasibility studies, road reconstruction/rehabilitation, watermain, sewers, sidewalks, bridge, culverts, and building construction. Supervises, reviews and directs the work of staff and engineering consultants and engages consultants/contractors by preparing bid packages and administers the associated contracts.
Qualifications and experience:
- Professional Engineer designation (P. Eng.) in good standing with the Professional
Engineers of Ontario (PEO) with a minimum of five (5) years’ work experience.
- A Fully Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) designation in good standing in the
Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technologists and Technicians (OACETT) with seven (7) years’ work experience.
- Work experience must include extensive project management and contract
administration experience in planning, coordinating, designing and constructing,
complex, multidisciplinary projects in a municipal environment.
- Certification as a Project Manager Professional (PMP) through the Project Management
Institute is an asset.
- Skilled in leading effective project teams and developing collaborative internal and
external business relationships.
- Vast knowledge of construction methods, equipment and technologies related to design
and construction. Including reading and interpreting site plans, engineering drawings
- Ability to deal effectively at all levels of the organization and with political
representatives, consultants, contractors and the public exercising excellent negotiation
and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate
technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills; coupled with the ability to
prioritize activities to successfully meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of demonstrated ability in the City’s core competencies.
- Proficiency in the use of general computer software, i.e. Microsoft Windows XP, Excel
and Word including applicable project management, engineering analysis, design,
drafting, and related Civil Engineering application software/technology.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License in good standing and access to a reliable vehicle for business purposes.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
In addition to offering a competitive compensation package, we have a strong focus on health and wellness, including fitness facilities and family-focused benefits.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please click here to apply online by Friday, February 16, 2018.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.