Planner III, Development Review
Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville
Under the general direction of the Manager, Planning Services, the Planner is responsible for reviewing and processing land development applications as well as project management of various land use planning studies. Duties include: reviewing and evaluating planning applications for new/redevelopment; preparing reports; providing recommendations and By-laws to Council related to Official Plan and Zoning By-Law Amendments; drafting plans of Subdivision and Condominium, Site Plan Control, Consents and Minor Variances; conducting research and preparing technical reports/studies on land-use planning matters; responding to inquiries and/or liaising with internal/external stakeholders on planning application; conducting site inspections; attending and presenting an overview of applications and planning studies at Council Public Hearings, Planning Information Centres and Committee of Adjustment Hearings; and providing back-up support to the Manager of Planning Services.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The ideal candidate is an experienced professional who possesses the following skills/abilities:
- University degree in Urban Planning or related discipline
- Minimum five (5) years’ progressive experience in planning
- Current membership in Canadian Institute of Planners, accompanied by Registered Professional Planner designation required
- Demonstrated experience in municipal land-use planning in a fast-paced, urban growth environment
- Working knowledge of Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection Act, Ontario Planning Act and provincial policy statements/guidelines on land-use planning and other related planning legislation/regulations/guidelines, urban planning principles, practices and processes, OMB processes and contemporary research techniques
- Ability to develop alternative solutions in response to a wide variety of policy and development problems within a dynamic, fast-paced, and multi-stakeholder environment
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with the general public, community stakeholders, other governments/agencies, developers, businesses, elected officials, staff and other Divisional contacts
- Computer literacy utilizing Microsoft Word applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), property management software and the internet
- Class G Driver’s License in good standing and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business
- Availability to attend evening and/or weekend meetings or other events as required
How to apply:
Please forward your resume in confidence by February 16, 2018 at 4:30 p.m., identifying Job # 2018-022-IE in the subject line to email@example.com.
Committed to diversity and a barrier-free environment: Whitchurch-Stouffville is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and as we grow, it’s important that our workforce reflect the citizens we serve. At the Town, we respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.