Economic Development & Tourism Promotions Coordinator
Township of South Glengarry
The Township of South Glengarry is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual. Reporting directly to the General Manager of Community Services the Economic Development & Tourism Promotions Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating the Township’s community and economic development and promotional initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and preferred qualifications:
- University degree or College diploma in Marketing/Promotions, Community Economic Development and/orBusiness Administration combined with related financial experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of local government, rural issues and affairs, provincial legislation affecting agriculture and rural communities are essential.Demonstrated working knowledge in Community Economic Development theories and practices.
- Practical experience with the preparation of media releases, newspaper articles, speeches and presentations.
- Effective computer skills and practical experience working with website Content Management Systems, social media platforms and Micros oft Office Suite of products.
- Experience with the preparation and strategic implementation of the website and social media.
- Must be available to attend Township events and functions including evenings and weekends.
- Maintain a valid Ontario Class G Drivers’ License and have a clean driver’s abstract.
Qualified and interested candidates must submit their cover letter and resume via email to:
Cyndi DeVries Human
no later than February 23, 2018 4:00pm
- A complete job description can found on the Township of South Glengarry website.
In accordance with the “Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act”, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
Accommodations of persons with disabilities are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance to the Human Resources Advisor, or designate.
We thank all applicants and advise that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.