Watershed Restoration Engineer
Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority (LSRCA)
Reporting to the General Manager, Watershed Restoration Services, the Watershed Restoration Engineer will manage urban stormwater restoration projects related to the Lake Simcoe Phosphorus Offset Program, streambank and valley restoration, and wetland creations. Partnering with stakeholders, the Watershed Restoration Engineer will identify projects, develop conceptual designs, define project scope as well as conduct post construction monitoring of projects.
What you offer:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Water Resources Engineering.
- Professional Engineer Designation (P.Eng).
- 5 years of experience reviewing detailed stormwater management plans and design drawings, coordinating projects and providing engineering technical support with respect to stormwater management.
- Skilled in Project Management with the ability to manage multiple on-going projects.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, leadership and financial skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint) and hydrologic/hydraulic models.
- A valid G class driver’s license.
What you will do:
- Apply effective project management tools and techniques to manage and coordinate the design, permitting, tender of stormwater management and stream stabilization and naturalization projects.
- Provide colleagues, municipal staff and other stakeholders with technical advice and input for the development of environmental programs and projects, with a focus on urban stormwater management, low impact development, sediment and erosion control, and tributary restoration construction projects.
- Make recommendations to greenlight projects to proceed, based on design and detailed budget.
- Review and approve design, including preliminary and detailed design, construction cost estimates and tender package.
- Oversee consultants to ensure deliverables of thedesign-tender phase are provided in accordance with the terms of the agreement.
- Liaise and provide design support to the Urban Restoration Construction Specialist during the construction phase of the projects; ensuring contractors are undertaking work in accordance with design drawings, and help resolve technical issues as required.
- Facilitate and support site investigations.
- Assist the LSRCA and Lake Simcoe Conservation Foundation staff with the development of funding applications, grant applications and reporting requirements.
Start Date: ASAP
Hours of work: 35 hour work week
Please apply directly to careers@LSRCA.on.ca, with a single pdf document that includes a resume and covering letter to LSRCA’s Human Resources, referencing Competition #08-2017 by 4:00 pm on Friday, February 23, 2018.
LSRCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), LSRCA will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted in regards to this competition and you require disability – related accommodations, please inform Human Resources. All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the LSRCA; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Annual Salary: $74,017.72 - $86,591.31