General Manager, Watershed Restoration Services
Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority (LSRCA)
If you are self-motivated, enjoy working in an innovative and collaborative atmosphere and interested in achieving meaningful change towards enhancing the health and quality of the environment, this job is for you.
We are looking for a professional with 9 years of experience who is action-oriented and can manage a multidisciplinary team to meet deadlines, focus on deliverables and has the demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer the General Manager, Watershed Restoration Services will be responsible for motivating staff, developing and managing project schedules and budgets, and conducting negotiations with our municipal partners and other prospective stakeholders. You will also attend Board of Directors meetings and routinely present updates to the Board.
What you Offer
- A Bachelor of Engineering Science Degree specializing in Water Resource Engineering with 9 years of relevant and progressive experience in the areas of stormwater management, watershed planning and/or applied stream restoration engineering.
- Professional Engineer Designation (P.Eng) a must.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with current engineering principles, practices, procedures, materials, and equipment as they apply to municipal stormwater, flood management, stream restoration, water quality programs and projects.
- Solid project management skills to manage and deliver multiple, concurrent stormwater management, stream stabilization, watershed assessment projects and watershed implementation plans on time, within scope, and within budget.
- Extensive leadership experience with respect to coaching, conflict resolution, negotiation and performance management.
- Strong budget and time management, problem solving, sound judgment and decision making skills required.
- Experience interacting with clients, stakeholders, senior staff and elected officials.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Valid G class drivers’ license.
What you will do
- Oversee project teams through all phases of project planning, execution, and completion, consistent with established project delivery processes to meet partnerstakeholders needs. This includes project staffing, developing the scope, schedule and budget in addition to ensuring that quality, project controls and the safety coordination for the project teams is upheld.
- Provide engineering advice on water resources and stormwater engineering, planning, and modeling projects, including stormwater improvements, stream restoration, master plans, watershed protection, surface water analyses, ecosystem restoration, water quality plans, hydrology, hydraulics, flood control, and water supply evaluations.
- Lead the monitoring, assessment, design and implementation of all built and green infrastructure.Organize and attend the Urban Restoration Steering Committee meetings comprised of First Nation, provincial, municipal and BILD representatives.
- Pursue and negotiate new opportunities and partnerships to sustain and grow program and project activities.
- Ensure that LSRCA’s health, safety, quality, financial, risk management, business, and policy expectations are met.
- Supervise staff development, performance management through development of staff work plans, annual performance summary and professional development plans.
- Provide coaching/mentoring and disciplinary action when required.
- Develop and manage annual operating, multi-year program and capital budgets related to the Division.
- Provide regular updates and/or reports to the Chief Administrative Officer on the status of all projects, service requests and initiatives.
- Review and develop agreements and memorandums of understandings with outside partners.
- Purchase and/or direct the purchase of resources required to manage program activity and implement projects.
Start Date: ASAP
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday (8:30 am – 4:30 pm)
Please apply directly to careers@LSRCA.on.ca, with a single pdf document that includes a resume and covering letter to LSRCA’s Human Resources, referencing Competition #03-2018 by 4:00 pm on Friday, February 23, 2018.
LSRCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), LSRCA will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted in regards to this competition and you require disability – related accommodations, please inform Human Resources. All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the LSRCA; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: $108,383.00 to $126,792.00