Director of Transportation & Environmental Services
Municipality of Grey Highlands
The Municipality of Grey Highlands is receiving applications to fill a vacancy for the position of a Director of Transporation & Environmental Services. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the successful candidate will perform duties in accordance to departmental and corporate work plans and priorities.
- Supervising directly/indirectly 30-40 staff; responsible for interviewing and selection, guidance, training and development, health and safety, performance management.
- Overseeing the department including roadways and bridges, storm sewers, drainage, streetlights, garbage collection, landfill operations, and vehicle fleet.
- Developing long-range plans and operating policies.Develops, prioritizes and implements capital programs/projects for fleet, construction, rehabilitation, expansion of existing and new infrastructure.
- Responding to requests for information from ratepayers and businesses.
- Maintaining accurate, up to date records and documents of all transportation and environmental services operations and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining liaison with consulting engineers and contractors. Reviewing and commenting on Engineering drawings and proposals.
- Member of the Senior Management Team
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, skills & abilities:
- University degree in Engineering Technology, or a related discipline.
- A minimum of seven (7) years experience in a supervisory/managerial role related to transportation, infrastructure and construction, preferably within a municipal setting.
- Valid G Driver’s License. A valid DZ license would be considered an asset.
- An advanced understanding of all applicable legislation, by-laws, and policies related to transportation and environmental services in a municipal setting.
- Advanced understanding of road, drain maintenance, construction and vehicle/equipment maintenance.
- Advanced supervisory and leadership skills to plan, organize, and coordinate the work of staff and contractors—including a thorough knowledge of the OHSA and its application.
- Ability to work under pressure, complete multiple assignments and function effectively in a high-volume workplace with tight deadlines.
More information can be found @ www.greyhighlands.ca. Candidates for the position are invited to submit a resume, preferably by e-mail, referencing “Director of Transportation & Enviromental Services” prior to 3:30 PM on Friday, March 2nd, 2018 to email@example.com
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Municipality of Grey Highlands is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. This document can be made available in other accessible formats as soon as practicable and upon request. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment. Based on the nature of the position, pre-employment screening may be required including but not limited to; Criminal Record Searches, Financial Credit Inquiries; Educational and Credential Verification; Driver’s Abstracts; Drug/Alcohol Testing; Pre-Medical Testing and Investigative Employment References.