Director Development Approvals, Regular Full-Time
Regional Municipality of Niagara
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Commissioner of Planning and Development, this position is responsible for the execution and direction of all aspects of the development review and approval services, including natural heritage. This position is a key leadership and integrator role in achieving the long term (25 year) vision of the Region’s Official Plan related to development and Regional Council’s corporate objectives.
- Post-secondary degree in Planning, Environmental Studies, Urban Development or a related field
- A Master’s degree in Planning, Environmental Studies, Urban Development or a related degree.
- 10 years planning, development experience in a municipal setting;
- 5 years management experience with both projects and staff/project teams (both unionized and non-unionized environment);
- Extensive experience presenting evidence as an expert witness at the Ontario Municipal Board or other tribunals;
- Member of the Canadian Institute of Planners (MCIP);
- Certification as a Registered Professional Planner or equivalent (RPP);
- Comprehensive understanding of the process and review requirements for development applications including servicing and natural heritage;
- Sound understanding of land-use planning and development principles and practices, infrastructure planning and approval, the Ontario Planning Act/Regulations, Environmental Assessment Act, Environmental Protection Act, Provincial Policies and Plans, Niagara Escarpment Plan, Conservation Authority Regulations, Local and Region Official Plan(s) and their related functions and inter-relationships;
If you are looking for an opportunity to use your leadership expertise and grow your career with a progressive organization, please view the full advertisement, requirements and apply online at www.niagararegion.ca (Job Opening #19736), before midnight on Tuesday February 27,2018.