Senior Corporate Consultant
City of Calgary
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees operate the facilities, deliver the services and run the programs which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pension and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
You will be part of the Corporate Initiatives Division, supporting service improvement initiatives across The City. You will lead projects and programs related to service and program reviews (including the City’s Zero-Based Review program, and other corporate efficiency and effectiveness strategies. You may also be involved in other emerging strategic initiatives. Duties include:
- Lead interdepartmental project teams, including indirect supervision of both project team members and external consultants.
- Manage stakeholder relationships, including senior leaders.
- Identify, develop and prioritize opportunities for service improvement.
- Prepare key deliverables such as reports, presentations and business cases for Council and senior executive committees.
- A degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in management consulting, program evaluation, and/or service reviews or other efficiency and effectiveness initiatives in large, complex organizations.
- Knowledge of management tools such as business case development, cost-benefit analysis, performance measurement and service review and evaluation.
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate project and program management skills in a dynamic environment, with the ability to prepare and present complex reports and presentations.
- Previous supervisory experience (direct or indirect) would be considered an asset.
- Success in this position requires excellent strategic, critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed political acumen is essential, together with the ability to deal effectively with organizational dynamics and politics and an understanding of the complexities of decision making in the public sector.
- Equivalent combinations of experience and education may be considered.
- Applicants must include a cover letter.
- Applicants selected for an interview will be asked to complete a work simulation exercise and/or provide a writing sample of their work.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Apply By: February 12, 2018
Apply online at www.calgary.ca/careers