City of Brampton
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Manager, Plans and Permits, co-ordinates and monitors approval process for projects subject to site plan approval, conditional permit agreements, temporary structure agreements and related projects. Monitors time frame provisions and Building Code notification requirements for permit submissions. Reviews plans submitted for building permits for compliance with the Ontario Building Code and standards referenced therein. Provide some direction to support staff.
- Coordinates and monitors approval process for projects subject to site plan approval, conditional permit agreements temporary structure agreements and related projects.
- Monitors time frame provisions and notification requirements of the Building Code for permit submissions.
- Provides preliminary plan assessment over the counter for to determine the adequacy of technical and administrative documentation and extent of other “applicable law” for permit application submissions.
- Provide technical information and direction to customers over the counter and in response to telephone enquiries.
- Perform plans review for compliance with the Building Code and applicable law.
- Performs research for and prepares technical reports as required or requested.
- Liaises with inspectors in the resolution of design and construction issues and permit status.
- Maintain current knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, the Building Code Act and the standards referenced therein.
- Maintains and updates progress of project review on the permit tracking system.
- Performs additional similar and related duties as assigned.
- High school (Grade 12) graduation plus an additional program of over two and up to three years in Architectural Technology, Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- Over four (4) years, up to and including eight (8) years of experience in a regulatory environment preferably in Building Code enforcement or direct experience in the building design or construction process.
- Within six (6) months from date of hire, successful completion of the following Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Housing Provincial qualification examinations:
- Within 12 months from date of hire, successful completion of the following Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Housing Provincial qualification examinations:
- Small Buildings
- Large Buildings
- Building Structural
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Check out this video of what employees have to say about working at the City of Brampton: Join Our Team Video
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
**Starting Salary: $74,929.40
TO APPLY: Please apply online, quoting file number: 102795 by February 11, 2018 at: www.brampton.ca/employment or via www.workopolis.com and search for key words City of Brampton. If you require assistance with the application process, please contact us directly. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview with be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. We are dedicated to equal opportunity.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.