Senior IT Auditor
City of Brampton
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to Director, Internal Audit, this position provides consultative and audit services, and fosters collaboration through teamwork with management and audit staff.
- Perform Information Technology systems and operational audits for the Corporation and related Boards to evaluate operational and business controls for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Establish formal compliance measures for follow-up to ensure that improvements are agreed and implemented.
- Perform audits in compliance with Internal auditing standards and best practices, and other relevant standards such as COBIT standards.
- Ensure compliance to policies and procedures according to Departmental and Corporate requirements.
- Develop a risk-based and long-term IT audit strategy, including an annual IT audit plan.
- Plan, coordinate and execute IT audits.
- Present through a formal report, findings and recommendations for improvements that address the information needs of the client.
- Oversee and manage external IT Audit related resources when required.
- Provide consultation services to management on issues related to IT risk assessment, Governance and control systems, as required.
- Partner with audit staff with the design and execution of data analytics (for example, using ACL and/or Microsoft Access).
- Partner with audit staff with the design and execution of continuous audit methodology, and report respective results.
- Lead special investigations related to information technology and system configurations, as required.
- University degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation required, plus a recognized accounting/auditing designation (CIA, CGA, CA) would be an asset.
- At least 5 years of IT experience, either in IT auditing or IT project management.
- Must possess knowledge of risk assessment methodologies and emerging technologies.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in order to effectively communicate to technical and non-technical persons along with exceptional analytical and customer service skills.
- Strong understanding and experience of IT risk and control framework (for example, COBIT).
- Strong understanding of risk management, control and governance principles and concepts.
- At least 3 years of data analytics experience (for example, using ACL and/or Microsoft Access).
- Experience with PeopleSoft, CLASS and Oracle would be an asset.
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
TO APPLY: Please apply quoting the file number 102353 by February 15, 2018 at: www.brampton.ca/employment or via www.workopolis.com and search for key words City of Brampton. If you require assistance with the application process, please contact us directly. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview with be contacted. We are dedicated to equal opportunity.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.