Supervisor Development Engineering/Stormwater Resource Coordinator
City of Brantford
Reporting to the Manager of Development Engineering, the Supervisor Development Engineering/Stormwater Resource Coordinator is responsible to supervise the daily activities within Development Engineering, including the distribution of work to Development Engineering Technologists and Development Inspectors/Operator. The Supervisor will advise and oversee the preparation of subdivision agreements, maintain securities, schedule inspections for Site Plan, prepare reports for Council, review and advise staff on engineering submissions for new developments. The Supervisor will also lead Development Engineering staff on strategies for complex Storm Water Management submissions working closely with outside Engineering Consultants, City of Brantford Water Resources Engineers and the GRCA.
- Possess a three (3) year community college diploma in Engineering Technologist.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in Municipal Engineering design, inspection and construction related procedures.
- 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role in a unionized environment.
- Certification as a C.E.T. is required.
- Comprehensive understanding and technical knowledge of construction methods and applicable standards, development procedures and report writing.
- Ability to chair development meetings with Developers, Consulting Engineers, Builders, City staff, etc.
- Previous experience representing a Municipality in court would be an asset.
- Proven knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Ontario Provincial Standard Specifications, Work Zone Safety and all other applicable legislation and specifications.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple and changing demands and priorities.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience working with computer applications including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, G.I.S. systems, and Work Order Management systems.
- Experience with budget preparation, inspections and scheduling.
- Possess a valid Class 'DZ' driver's license in good standing during the course of employment.
SALARY RANGE: $73,698 to $92,122 annually
To apply on-line, please visit the City of Brantford website at careers.brantford.ca and click on Current Opportunities. Closing date for applications: Thursday, February 22, 2018, at 4:30 p.m.
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in ad