Director of Planning and Development
City of Thorold
The City of Thorold, located in the Niagara Region, has an opening for a Director of Planning and Development. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer this position is responsible for leading, directing and engaging the Planning and Development Department and for the oversight of Building, By-law Enforcement, Committee of Adjustment and Crossing Guard Program. This position is part of the Senior Management Team involved in the formulation and execution of the City’s Strategic Plan.
The City of Thorold invites you to submit your resume if you have:
- A university degree in Planning or related field, preferably at a Masters level
- A minimum of 10 years experience in senior management preferably in a municipal environment
- Member of the Canadian Institute of Planners and a Registered Professional Planner of Ontario (MCIP, RPP)
- Interpersonal, project/time management, analytical, communication, presentation, problem-solving, negotiation and staff leadership and supervisory skills are required
- Ability to think and act strategically in a political and corporate service environment to build strong teams and external alliances/partnerships
The salary for this position is $112,170 - $131,965 (2018 rate) and includes a comprehensive benefit package. A job description for this position is available on the City’s website at www.thorold.com. No Phone Calls Please.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their detailed resume to Donna Delvecchio, City Clerk at email@example.com no later Sunday March 4, 2018. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes.