Director of Operations
Township of Wellington North
Nestled in a picturesque agricultural setting the Township of Wellington North is a short drive from many of the major centres in Southwestern Ontario. Wellington North is looking for a Director of Operations who will report directly to the CAO and be responsible for the management and administration of all infrastructure, capital projects, maintenance and physical operations within the Public Works and Recreation divisions.
- Develop, manage and administer annual and multi-year Operating and Capital budgets for the Department;
- Be responsible for effective risk management, liability control and due diligence measures;
- Work with internal stakeholders in the development of short- and long-term strategic planning, the development and implementation of process improvements, program management, policies, systems and procedures to ensure the Department delivers the highest professional service standards, ensuring adherence to regulatory and legislative compliance;
- Oversee the Township’s infrastructure and capital construction projects and programs;
- Attend Council meetings and other functions, responds to queries, prepares and delivers reports and presentations that provide sound recommendations and strategies regarding service delivery, department/program performance and enhancements and the implementation of new or pending legislation and regulatory changes to support Council decision making.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in an operational/infrastructure capacity, with 3-5 years in a management capacity.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering, with the Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) designation from the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT).
- Must possess and maintain a valid Ontario Class G and restriction free drivers’ licence to carry out the duties of the job.
- Ability to support council, committee and public meetings outside normal working hours on a regular basis.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead projects strategically from concept to completion in consultation and collaboration with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Outstanding customer service and community focus, responding to complicated or sensitive queries and issues with a sense of urgency while understanding the complex stakeholder relationships (multi-employer/multi-stakeholders).
- Demonstrated success managing multi-faceted change with superior leadership, coaching and facilitation skills, leading and developing others to consistently deliver high quality, superior customer service.
- University Degree in Civil Engineering with Professional Engineer’s (P.Eng) designation in good standing with the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO)
- Experience in a municipal infrastructure or other similar public sector environment
For a detailed description of the position, please visit us at: www.wellington-north.com/government/career-opportunities. Current pay range for this position is $46.40 to $58.00/hour, plus OMERS and group benefits. If are you interested in a challenging career in a dynamic team environment please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence by 4:00 PM February 16, 2018 via e-mail or regular mail to:
7490 Sideroad 7 W., PO Box 125
Kenilworth, ON N0G 2E0
The Township of Wellington North is dedicated to maintaining a respectful, fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this position only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. This job posting is available in an accessible format, upon request. We thank all persons for applying however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.