Located amidst the 30,000 islands of Georgian Bay and a 2.5 hour drive north of Toronto, the Town of Parry Sound offers an exceptional quality of life.
Join us as our Corporate Communications Officer in this full-time permanent position.
- provide effective corporate-wide communication strategies aligned with the Town’s strategic priorities.
- provide strategic communications advice to Council and management staff to ensure all external communications provide the community with a high quality, balanced, objective and clear message.
- act as Corporate Spokesperson, Public Information Officer, or/and train and prepare selected staff for this role as required.
- draft content for media releases, draft content, provide graphics and manage the corporate website, social media, facebook, twitter, youtube, and other corporate communication media which may include quarterly and annual reports.
- ensure the Town’s corporate identity is managed professionally and consistently.
- provide leadership and coordination on internal communications.
Responsible for selected Marketing & Promotions, you will
- develop advertising, marketing and promotions plans for the Town’s Stockey Centre for the Performing Arts and Bobby Orr Hall of Fame.
- support all departments requiring marketing and promotions expertise, including but not limited to the following programs: community recreation, economic development & tourism, fire prevention, waste diversion.
- design ads and marketing materials including graphic design, photography, text.
- network with Area attractions and marketing agencies to ensure co-operative area marketing opportunities are optimized.
- BA in public relations, communications, marketing or relevant field.
- Extensive knowledge of communication principles and practices especially as they relate to strategic corporate communications, issues management and media relations.
- Proven experience of 3 to 5 years as a communications specialist, writing compelling stories, contributing to effective corporate branding, and working with the media.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and ability to optimize use of web design social media tools, graphic design, photo and video-editing software.
- Strong knowledge of principles of and experience in marketing.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the role of local government and the context in which the Town operates and of the roles of Council and staff in this environment.
- Demonstrated superior oral and written communication and presentation skills with proficient command of English language.
- Valid G Driver’s Licence
This is a full-time permanent job with a salary range of $61,000 to $79,000. The Town offers an excellent pension plan, and comprehensive and competitive medical and dental benefits package.
Please submit by e-mail only, a cover letter and your resume, with full details of your education, training and experience, by 4 PM on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 to: Rebecca Johnson, HR Coordinator, Town of Parry Sound at email@example.com.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.
52 Seguin Street, Parry Sound, Ontario P2A 1B4
Tel: (705) 746-2101 Fax: (705) 746-7461 www.townofparrysound.com