City of Vaughan
CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We have an exciting Temporary Non-Unionized opportunity in the Office of the Chief Information officer for an experienced and motivated individual
(1 Year Contract)
(JOB # J1217-0552)
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. Vaughan is considered one of Canada’s most family friendly cities with a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
As a Contract Analyst, you will be responsible for both the strategic and operational oversight for all the City’s OCIO related contracts. This is achieved by monitoring, and maintaining proper contracts records around terms and conditions to maximize their value for the City of Vaughan and to ensure financial and operational efficiencies
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or suitable equivalent
- Contract management training or suitable equivalent
- Paralegal knowledge an asset
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in managing on inventory controls or IT contracts
combined with experience setting contract parameters in purchasing of IT services and
assets in a large organization
- Understanding of the IT function and the components administered by a large municipal
- High level of experience with contracts terms and negotiations with the ability to resolve
complex situations and/or conflicts in a constructive and principled manner
- Experience in inventory management, preferably in an IT setting
- Solid intermediate knowledge of IT infrastructure, including network architectures,
operating systems environments, server and storage architectures, security frameworks,
data base management systems, communications protocols, middleware and desktop
computing environments, and application architecture.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please click here to apply online by Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.