Project Supervisor - Capital
Scope of Position:
To coordinate activities related to capital projects and studies as required by various County Divisions. To be accountable for the daily activities of technologists and technicians as may be assigned. Prepare consultant and contractor procurement documents and participate in selection and administration of these goods and services. To ensure that projects are completed within the annual budget limits; and to meet with government representatives and utility companies regarding capital construction projects.
The Project Supervisor - Capital will:
- Coordinate with various County Departments and Divisions to develop the Scope of Work for projects related to existing or proposed assets within the jurisdiction of that Division. That may include, roads and related structures (ie., bridges), water and wastewater infrastructure, including pump stations and treatment plants, studies to define project needs; and, implementing any activities to meet the needs of the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment.
- Coordinate with Development and Cultural Services Division to confirm that proposed work completed through the Planning Act (ie., subdivisions, site plans) meet the County Design Objectives.
- Develop project plans to define the steps needed to fully meet the project needs and fully participate in: executing that plan; coordination with consultants and contractors; review of reports and designs; contract administration; and, ongoing review of project budgets and status.
- Prepare various procurement documents related to the projects and studies, such as Requests for Proposals.
- Prepare reports to Council to seek approval to proceed with actions needed by the County to fulfil their mandate.
- Participate in Engineering Department special programs, such as implementation of the Integrated Sustainable Master Plan, review and update of the County Design Objectives and improving road safety.
- Assist in development of budget projections for the Division.
- Responsible for assigned staff supervision, mentoring and review.
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate or community college degree or community college diploma in engineering or a related field.
- Minimum five years’ experience beyond university or community college graduation in an engineering department with a municipality or multi discipline consulting, working predominantly with municipalities.
- Licensed under the Ontario Professional Engineers Act (or, enrolment in the Professional Engineers of Ontario Engineering Intern Program; or, Certified Engineering Technologist [C.E.T.])
- Understanding of Ontario legislation related to various practice areas of municipalities, such as the Municipal Act, Safe Drinking Water Act and Planning Act.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Computer expertise in corporate standard software (Microsoft Office) and department specific software to data search and entry and to create and modify word processed documents
- Must be aware of safe work practices as they relate to job responsibilities and work environment, and have the basic understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
Salary: $69,884 - $87,356 per annum
The Corporation of Norfolk County is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Resumes must be submitted through email, mail, fax, courier, or in person to Human Resources & Staff Development by 4:30 p.m. on the last day of the posting.
Closing Date : January 10, 2018
Human Resources & Staff Development,
185 Robinson Street, Suite 300,
Simcoe, ON N3Y 5L6
Phone: (519) 426-5870 – Fax: 519-427-5902–
Successful applicants are required to provide the Employer with a current Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector where required and verification of education.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.