Procurement Officer II
Town of Newmarket
(Regular Full-Time, 35 hours a week)
Under the direction of the Manager, Procurement Services the Procurement Officer II is responsible for the procurement of goods and services including minor renovation/construction for an assigned portfolio of departments, and contract administration.
How do I qualify?
- Post-Secondary Diploma in a Business related field or a combination of education and progressive experience, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Certified by the Universal Public Procurement Certification Council as a Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or equivalent.
- Demonstrated progressively responsible experience in public purchasing.
- management skills for working on assigned projects.
- Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated financial aptitude, as this position will be required to compute contract amounts for change orders, invoice payment discrepancies, etc.
- Thorough understanding of the practices and legislation governing procurement, such as; the Agreement on Internal Trade, other trade agreements, Occupational Health & Safety, Accessibility requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to assess needs and risk, perform value analysis, conduct research and analyze options and present options for decision makers.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work and manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite of Products (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to work a flexible work week, including scheduled or unscheduled overtime as needed.
- Valid Class G Driver’s License in good standing with access to a personal reliable vehicle to use on corporate business.
Communicates Effectively: Communicates effectively to enhance understanding.
Takes initiative: Takes initiative and goes beyond own job responsibilities.
Salary: $59,194 - $73,992
How do I apply?
Please apply online at www.newmarket.ca by 12:00p.m. on December 22, 2017 quoting the file number 17-43.
The Town of Newmarket is committed to accommodate all applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code for all employment activities including the recruitment process. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but advise that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.