Manager I – Building Engineer (Mechanical)
City of London
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
Reporting to the designated Manager within Development & Compliance Services, the Manager I, Building Engineer, reviews mechanical and fire protection drawings, plans, specifications and design data for all buildings and structures to ensure compliance with the Ontario Building Code Act, 1992, the Ontario Building Code, related Municipal by-laws, other applicable by-laws, and conducts fire protection and mechanical inspections on site. The Manager I, Building Engineer assists the Manager II responsible for mechanical building engineering as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering. Current designation as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario. (Individuals with imminent registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario may be considered.)
- Four to five years of related experience is required.
- Successful completion of all applicable Ministry of Municipal Affairs examinations.
- Successful completion of Ministry of Municipal Affairs examination on “General Legal Process”.
- Current maintenance of qualifications as determined by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs.
Specialized Training and Licenses:
- Strong technical knowledge of Ontario Building Code and the ability to interpret various types of drawings, specifications, engineering reports and legal documents.
- Advanced knowledge of the AMANDA program is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of NFPA96, NFPA13/13R/13D/20-10/14-10 is an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possession of a valid Class “G” Driver’s Licence.
How to Apply:
For a complete job description and to apply on-line, please visit the City of London website at http://bit.ly/2mSHkHh and click on Current Job Openings.
Please note following the interview stage, official transcripts as well as a criminal record check will be required prior to moving to the next stage in the selection process.
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday, December 13, 2017
We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of London is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.