Town of Halton Hills
POSTING No. 201752
Come join our team! We are looking for a candidate that shares our corporate values of Honesty, Excellence, Team, Fun, Creativity and Respect. These values are second nature for the successful candidate and are demonstrated in their work and interactions with colleagues and the community.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Transportation, this position is responsible for maintaining current programs and the development of new initiatives related to the transportation planning within the Town. This position will be the departmental representative at a number of external committees related to major transportation projects by the Ministry of Transportation, Halton Region and neighboring municipalities. This position will advance the municipality in areas of Active Transportation, Complete Streets, Transportation Demand Management, and Transit and will represent the department at the required Council Committees.
- Managing and commenting on major internal and external transportation planning initiatives
- Reviewing and commenting on Secondary Plans, Traffic impact studies and the Town capital program related to long term transportation impacts, active transportation, complete streets and multi-modal needs
- Acting as the departmental representative on internal and external committees, such as the Active Transportation Advisory Committee, the Halton Active and Sustainable School Transportation Committee and the Active Easy Alliance Committee
- Undertaking or overseeing independent research into emerging transportation planning trends and recommend changes to guidelines, standards and procedures
- Developing and maintaining tabular and spatial planning information databases to support short and long term transportation planning and provide value-added information to other departments
- Coordinating and providing advice to senior staff, developers and the public regarding transportation planning matters
- Managing Town initiated transportation planning studies and Municipal Class Environmental Assessments for road projects
- Providing professional advice related to developing and updating the Town’s Development Charges By-law
- Preparing detailed planning reports and presentations to Council on Transportation Planning matters
- Meeting with community and special interest groups in a collaborative, results oriented manner
- Providing the highest standard of customer service for both internal and external customers of the department
- Organizing and managing specific focus groups on transportation matters and chair meetings to successful outcomes
- Performing other transportation related duties as assigned
- Four-Year University Degree in Professional Engineering or Urban & Regional Planning
- Membership in the Professional Engineers of Ontario with a P.Eng. designation or Canadian Institute of Planners and O.P.P.I as a Registered Professional Planner (RPP)
- Eight (8) years of on the job experience in the transportation planning field, preferably in a municipal environment
- Knowledge of current transportation planning policies and practices
- Knowledge of the Municipal Environmental Assessment process related to transportation planning matters
- Ability to undertake traffic impact study analysis, traffic demand forecasting and long-range transportation network assessment
- Knowledge of traffic demand modeling principles and software such as EMME or equivalent Ability to perform tasks in a safe manner with regard to the guidelines as outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills including presentation abilities
- Ability to develop and provide sound technical guidance to staff, the public and Council
- In-depth knowledge of Provincial, Regional and local transportation policies, plans and initiatives
- Dispute resolution and negotiation skills to balance divergent interests
- Familiarity with Ontario Municipal Board process
- Proficiency in the use of computer software including MS Word, Excel, Access and Power Point,Experience with GIS and mapping applications is considered an asset
- Project Management experience is considered an asset
- Valid Ontario Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence with a clean driver’s abstract and access to a personal vehicle to perform duties
Compensation: The salary range for this position (35 hours per week) is $73,859 - $87,927 per annum.
Qualified candidates may submit a detailed cover letter and resume in confidence to the Town by 4:30 p.m., December 13, 2017. Please quote Posting No. 201752 on your cover letter. Please apply using only one method of application below.
Attn: Human Resources
Town of Halton Hills
1 Halton Hills Drive
Halton Hills, ON L7G 5G2
Posting No. 201752
Email: email@example.com (preferred)
We thank all those who apply, but advise that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The Town of Halton Hills is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. If contacted for an interview, please advise the Human Resources staff of any measures you feel you need to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 (S.O. 2001, c.25) and will be used to select a candidate. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager of Human Resources.
905-873-2601 | 1-877-712-2205 | 905-873-2347 (fax) | haltonhills.ca