Plans Examiner, Plumbing
City of Brampton
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Plans and Permits, perform detailed plans review of various construction projects; including residential, commercial, institutional and industrial occupancies as well as standalone plumbing, with a focus on compliance with the plumbing and sewage system requirements of the Ontario Building Code and standards referenced therein.
- Liaise with design professionals; including architects, engineers, developers, contractors, owners and approval agencies, in the completion of plans review.
- Provide preliminary plan assessment; ensuring technical and administrative documentation meet standards and applicable law.
- Respond to requests and inquiries for technical and procedural information.
- Recommend corrective measures and alternatives for achieving compliance of plans and specifications that do not meet the applicable code requirements and standards.
- Liaise with Building Inspectors to resolve design issues with permit applications and on-site construction issues.
- Provide comment and input into the development of technical policies and procedures as required.
- Maintain current knowledge of the Ontario Building Code and all standards referenced therein.
- Maintain permit tracking system to ensure project status is up to date.
- Prepare technical reports as required.
- Perform technical research as required to evaluate applications.
- Performs additional similar and related duties as assigned.
- High school (Grade 12) graduation plus an additional program of over two (2) years and up to three (3) years in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- Over four (4) years, up to and including eight (8) years of experience related to the position duties outlined above.
- Within six (6) months from date of hire, successful completion of the following Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Housing Provincial qualification examinations:
- Legal Processes
- Plumbing – House
- Within 12 months from date of hire, successful completion of the following Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Housing Provincial qualification examinations:
- Plumbing Certificate of Qualification preferred.
- Successful completion of Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Housing provincial qualification examinations for: On-site Sewage.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
TO APPLY: Please apply online, quoting file number: 102727 by December 10, 2017 at: www.brampton.ca/employment or via www.workopolis.com and search for key words City of Brampton. If you require assistance with the application process, please contact us directly. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview with be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. We are dedicated to equal opportunity.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.