County of Simcoe
Location: Midhurst, Ontario
Assembles and analyses information and prepares recommendations regarding planning and development applications. Undertakes field examinations, does map and literature research, and prepares reports including recommended course of action. Must have knowledge of planning issues in the County, understanding of the Planning Act, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Report preparation on subdivision/condominium, County or local official plan amendment, or zoning bylaw applications, consent applications, and related planning matters
- Determination of information required and completeness of application
- Preparing material for and acting as witness at Ontario Municipal Board hearings
- Maintenance of Data Base and Filing System
- Responding to telephone, written, or in person inquiries of the Planning Department
- A bachelor’s degree in urban and regional planning or a related degree.
- Membership in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute. (Full or Candidate)
- Three (3) years recent related experience in municipal planning or related environment.
- Knowledge of provincial legislation, policies, and regulations under the Planning Act and related legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze the inter relationships of a wide variety of land use planning considerations in order to reach conclusions and make recommendations regarding a planning application.
- Demonstrated strong communications skills, interpersonal and written.
- Ability to interact effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization and with personnel at Ontario government agencies, other municipalities, and private development industry.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to use independent judgment where warranted.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Windows, word processing, spreadsheets, data bases, and graphics.
- Able to handle confidential information discreetly.
- Class G Driver’s License in good standing and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business.
$32.35 - $40.37 per hour (As per Collective Agreement)
Union: Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE), Local 5820, Bargaining Unit 5820.01
View the job description and submit your application online at www.simcoe.ca/jobs
Closing Date: December 8, 2017
The County of Simcoe thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act (2001) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. The Corporation of the County of Simcoe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and will provide employment accommodation upon request.