Town of Wainfleet
(12-18 month contract)
Hours: 35 hrs per week
Wage Rate: $35.78-$43.66/hour
Closing Date: December 8, 2017
We are seeking a dynamic individual to fill a contract position, covering a maternity leave. The Clerk/Election Coordinator will act as a member of the Township’s Operational Leadership team, providing information, reviewing, and resolving daily operational issues. The incumbent will fulfill the statutory duties of the Clerk as set out in the Municipal Act and ensure that 2018 election administration is in compliance with the Municipal Elections Act and other relevant legislation.
Competences and skills required:
- University degree in political science, public administration, or related field; AMCTO or CMO designation
- Minimum 3 years experience in municipal government with progressively responsible experience within a Clerk’s Department and an emphasis on elections
- Knowledge of applicable provincial and municipal legislation such as the Municipal Act, Lottery Licensing, Planning Act, Line Fences Act, Municipal Elections Act, MFIPPA, Records Management
- Ability to identify business needs, initiate and coordinate project resource requests
- Excellent Customer Service and People Management skills
- Ability to interface with internal and external customers to meet corporate service standards
- Strong Organizational skills; Detail oriented and able to coordinate activities and tasks meeting conflicting priorities and timelines
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with report writing and MS Office
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include nights and weekends
- Experience managing a municipal election will be considered a significant asset
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter outlining your skills and experience, along with a copy of your resume, to the undersigned, by 4:00pm on December 8, 2017.
While we appreciate the efforts of all applicants, only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.
REPLY IN CONFIDENCE TO:
Lee Gudgeon, B.A., D.H.S, M.A.
Communications, Health & Safety, HR Specialist
Township of Wainfleet
Phone: 905-899-3463 ext. 243