Town of Richmond Hill
Procurement Advisor (2 positions)
Corporate and Financial Services Department
Richmond Hill is the third most populated municipality in York Region with close to 209,000 residents. It’s Council and staff are committed to providing an exceptional quality of life for the community. Richmond Hill is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team that is committed to providing exceptional public service. Visit RichmondHill.ca to learn more about the place “Where people come together to build our community.”
Reporting to the Manager, Procurement and as part of the procurement team the Procurement Advisor provides efficient and effective acquisition services and strategic advice in support of the Town of Richmond Hill initiatives and activities, all in accordance with applicable Policies, Procedures and Trade Treaty Agreements.
- Issue Requests for Bids, Proposals, Quotes, Requests for Supplier Qualifications and Requests for Roster Candidates
- Review client specifications and identify best practice, appropriate method of purchase and advice clients on all available options
- Facilitate a variety of competitive bid solicitations and subsequent evaluation processes
- Assist in conducting pre-bid conferences and post award debriefings
- Work with the Manager to mediate, facilitate and resolve bid disputes if it arises
- Conduct negotiations where required and manage the award process including request, receipt and review of documentations such as legal agreements, WSIB certificates, insurance certificates, bonds, etc. and determine acceptability
- Process requests for Purchase Orders for variety of contract types and any amendments utilizing finance software applications
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A University degree in Public or Business Administration, Business Law, Finance, Procurement or closely related field
- A minimum of 5 years purchasing experience with a minimum of 2 years in public sector purchasing
- Experience with implementing electronic tendering solution would be highly preferred
- Working knowledge or good understanding of the non-binding procurement process will be an asset
- Certification in the Supply Chain Management Association's (SCMA) professional designation program (CSCMP) or National Institute of Governmental Purchasing's (NIGP) certification program (CPPB or CPPO) is an asset
- Knowledge of Procurement Policies, Procedures, related Treaty Agreements and implied duties, that are applicable to the competitive process for Public entities
- Demonstrated knowledge of legal issues relating to contracting and competitive bidding
- Excellent bid process management skills in order to avoid or mitigate legal risk exposure
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to deal effectively with staff at all levels of the organization, the public and vendors
- Good organizational skills to effectively work independently and within teams comprised of members of various departments
- Ability to write, read and comprehend complex documents with critical attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment and discretion
- Experience or knowledge of SAP Finance application would be considered an asset
- Strong working knowledge of Windows based environment
- Demonstration of the Town’s corporate values of service, collaboration, care, and courage
- A valid “G” Class Ontario’s Driver’s License in good standing and a reliable vehicle to use on corporate business (mileage compensated). You will be required to provide proof of vehicle insurance upon hire
Salary: $71,979. to $84,663. (Subject to compensation review).
Applications will be accepted up to 4:30 p.m., on December 15, 2017. To apply visit our website at: RichmondHill.ca/Employment
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The Town of Richmond Hill is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.