Do you want to be part of a team providing safe and reliable drinking water to thousands of Ontarians each day?
Does the thought of an office job bore you? If you answered yes to these questions, you may be exactly who we're looking for!
Become a water/wastewater professional with Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) today!
In this role, you will use your maintenance skills to oversee, schedule and perform predictive, condition based monitoring, preventative maintenance, repairs, installations, upgrades, and perform major equipment overhauls. Lead capital maintenance projects, obtain quotes, supervise contractors and ensure scope of work is being completed. Operate all process control and other related equipment required in the operations and maintenance of the facilities and systems within the Huron Elgin Region.
Location: Grand Bend
How do I qualify?
• Trades licence in a mechanical field with a preference for Industrial Millwright.
• Minimum OIT Water Treatment and Water Distribution.
• May consider lesser qualified candidates as under fill – with a commitment to obtain Operator-in-Training (OIT), as specified in O.Reg. 128/04 of the Safe Drinking Water Act.
• Valid Class G driver's licence.
• Must be available to be on-call after regular working hours and participate in overtime as required.
• The incumbent must be able to work regular 8 hour shifts as required.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the principles and practices necessary in the operation and maintenance of wastewater treatment facilities, wastewater collection and water treatment facilities.
• Knowledge of all relevant acts and regulations to ensure operational compliance.
• General knowledge of industrial processes and maintenance and repair of a variety of equipment and structures to operate, inspect, clean, and maintain them by conducting scheduled readings and recordings; monitoring local process conditions and equipment operations.
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety precautions, including storage of chemicals, confined space entry, equipment lockout/tagging and personal protective equipment.
• Knowledge of basic mathematics and chemistry in order to make calculations regarding chemicals and operating processes.
• Technical and electrical/mechanical knowledge.
• Knowledge of capital improvement, major maintenance planning, procurement policies and asset management.
• Excellent knowledge of computerized monitoring systems such as SCADA, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and overall computer literacy to record data from inspections and monitoring activities to complete work orders, project forms to initiate repairs for maintenance.
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated team leadership skills to direct, mentor and guide staff.
• Judgement and decision-making skills to provide direction to staff on projects, work and priorities.
• Interpersonal skills to provide direction, advice and recommendations to management, contractors, equipment suppliers, project staff and other Agency personnel.
• Problem-solving and analytical skills to troubleshoot and make timely decisions to address work priorities and emergencies.
• Good oral communication skills to report equipment problems or malfunctions in order to ensure the problem is conveyed and understood, and to provide direction for corrective response.
• Good written communication skills to write reports.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints engineering drawings and follow process drawings to aid in troubleshooting equipment problems.
• Ability to use and understand operating and maintenance manuals, and other technical specifications.
• Physical dexterity to perform job duties in all weather conditions, in confined spaces and in dirty and/or noisy environments.
• A demonstrated interest in continuous learning.
• Flexible learning and development opportunities.
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization with the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Ontario.
• Work with the partner of choice for more communities than any other water and wastewater service organization in Ontario for over 20 years.
• Work with an organization committed to innovation and advanced technology.
• A defined benefit pension plan.
• Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits, including for adoptive parents.
• Comprehensive Health Plan.
• Life and Disability Insurance.
Who We Are
The Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) believes in Our Communities, Our Environment and Our People. As a trusted partner to municipalities, First Nations communities, businesses, governments and institutions across Ontario, we provide our clients with total solutions in water and wastewater. We are dedicated to working closely with our clients to help them build healthy sustainable communities and organizations.
Salary Range: $27.10 - $29.38 per hour, plus pay for certification
Please apply by e-mail, only, with an application or resume and a covering letter clearly, completely and concisely showing how you meet what we are looking for, and quoting file no. OCWA-115-17-HE (Job ID 112776), by Thursday, October 19, 2017, to:
Hub Admin Assistant
Only those applicants selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.