Vice President, EPCOR
Clean water and reliable electricity are at the heart of what we do. We proudly keep the lights on and the water flowing in over 100 communities across North America. With a rich 125-year history, EPCOR has ambitions to be one of North America’s premier providers of essential services, and we have the top employer and sustainability awards to prove it. If you’re looking for new opportunities, people who care and work that matters, apply today to find a career where you matter more. Check out epcor.com/careers to find out more.
EPCOR is targeting unprecedented growth and the Commercial Services team is the engine driving that growth! As part of EPCOR’s continued growth strategy, we have an exciting executive level opportunity for an engaging, technically oriented and proactive self-starter who will be accountable for developing EPCOR’s operations in Ontario and Eastern Canada
The VP, Ontario Region is accountable for identifying business development opportunities in the water, waste water, electricity and natural gas sectors and working with internal and external stakeholders to build operations that are positioned for long term financial and operational success. This will include driving potential business growth opportunities to close and overseeing integration of acquired businesses and ensuring alignment with EPCOR culture, vision and values.
The VP, Ontario Region will oversee and implement the development of short and long-term strategic goals, objectives and policies relating to utility system design, permitting, construction, safe and reliable operation and maintenance, commodity supply and transportation, emergency response, rate-making, regulatory affairs, human resources, business development, customer service and financial budgeting and reporting.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Commercial Services, the VP, Ontario Region is accountable for:
- Providing input to Commercial Services plans and directions as it relates to the Ontario Region and ensuring an appropriate understanding of the EPCOR Utilities Inc. and Commercial Services strategy throughout the Ontario team.
- Identifying and building relationships with key stakeholders that will drive business development opportunities. Engaging proactively with governmental departments and agencies including:
o Local municipal governments and provincial governments
o First Nations and Metis communities
o Local residents and businesses
- Identifying and/or establishing new business development opportunities related to water, waste water, electricity and natural gas sectors in Ontario and Eastern Canada and the North East United States and undertaking all necessary follow-up activities with potential opportunities to bring them to successful realization.
- Overseeing the implementation of all projects from identification/conceptualization to completion/financial close and ongoing operations including business evaluation, risk assessment, executive approval, definitive contract execution, and project/operations integration.
- Establishing an ongoing effective EPCOR leadership presence in the Ontario region and ensuring appropriate relationships are maintained between the Ontario Region team and the rest of EPCOR. Ensuring that the Ontario region maintains high standards of ethics, corporate citizenship, safety and social responsibility.
- Managing the recruiting, training, education and succession planning for Ontario Region staff to ensure the successful transition of new EPCOR businesses from early-stage development to complete integration.
- Developing and nurturing a high performance, high discipline, safe, accountable, focused, innovative and achievement-oriented, easy to do business with manner of working.
- Ensuring compliance with all local, provincial and federal regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of post-secondary degree in Engineering or Business. A Master’s degree would be considered an asset.
- 15+ years of related work experience in the utility industry or related business.
- Progressive leadership experience and the vision and drive to build EPCOR’s business in the Ontario region.
- Entrepreneurial skills to identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Strong financial aptitude to analyze opportunities, determine financial needs and manage risk.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams of internal staff and external contractors and to engage with Municipalities, Regulators, Government Officials, First Nations and Metis, and the general public.
- Outstanding communication abilities and public speaking skills.
- Ability to supervise, organize, encourage, motivate and build teams; express ideas and plans clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing; and to respond professionally and confidently under stress.
As our best candidate, you have strong business development skills and abilities, you are an accomplished networker and relationship builder, you are a strong communicator and leader, you effectively engage team members in working towards a shared vision, and prioritize effectively.
You are able to anticipate the resource needs of the group and develop tools to improve project delivery. You have the ability to enable positive team dynamics and client relationships, while inspiring your team. You ensure supportive and collaborative relationships are maintained.
Hours of work: 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week
Commencing with your first day of employment as a permanent EPCOR employee you will enjoy a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive (bonus) pay program
- Long-term incentive pay program
- Paid vacation
- Flexible benefits plan
- Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Five paid personal days off each year
- One Friday off per month
- Access to internal and external career development programs
- Financial support for personal development
- EPCOR Savings Plan with company matched contributions
- Financial support for employee wellness
- Career opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines and operational areas
- Financial support for charitable organizations that employees contribute to
How to Apply:
For more information on this exciting career opportunity and to apply, please refer to IRC38277 on the EPCOR career website www.epcor.ca/careers
Application Deadline: September 28, 2017