Secretary Treasurer/Deputy CAO
Grand River Conservation Authority
The Grand River Conservation Authority is seeking a seasoned professional to fill the role of Secretary Treasurer/Deputy CAO. A member of the senior management team, the position fulfils the requirements of Secretary Treasurer, as defined in the Conservation Authorities Act (RSO 1990). The position oversees the operation of the Administration Division and acts as CAO when required.
For a full job description please visit the GRCA website www.grandriver.ca
- Act as an Officer of the Corporation and fulfill duties of Secretary Treasurer as defined in the CA Act, Regulations and By-laws;
- Ensure applicable laws, GRCA By-laws and Policies are followed and enforced;
- Review and recommend updates to GRCA By-laws, Policies, etc. for approval as required;
- Ensure compliance with external reporting requirements are met (government, financial institutions, Conservation Ontario, etc.);
- Oversee the preparation of the Authority’s annual budget and long range forecasts;
- Provide support to CAO in decision-making for the Authority and act on CAO’s behalf when required due to absence or unavailability of CAO;
- Oversee GRCA Risk Management activities and placement of General Insurance, ensure all incidents are reported to Insurer as required, review outstanding claims/potential claims and identify potential uninsured losses.
- Post-secondary education at the graduate level or equivalent in Finance, Administration, Public Administration or related field;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the demonstrated ability to present clearly, promote understanding through effective verbal, written and listening skills;
- Proven track record of aligning staff with strategic goals through team building, coaching, mentoring and communicating;
- Knowledge of legislation governing Public Sector Administration, Not-For-Profit and Charitable Organizations (Conservation Authorities Act, Corporations Act, Municipal Act, Income Tax Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act etc.).
The annual salary range for this position is Job Level N $124,979 to $152,043.
GRCA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision care, life and disability insurance, membership in the OMERS pension plan and a pass which entitles you to free entry into all conservation areas.
Approximate Start Date: January 2018
To Apply: Please send a resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in MS Word or PDF format and quote “Secretary Treasurer/Deputy CAO” in the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: 4:00pm Friday October 6, 2017
We thank you for your interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.