Manager of Facilities
Municipality of Bluewater
The Municipality of Bluewater is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual to join our team. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Manager of Facilities will be part of the Senior Management Team and will be responsible for overseeing and directing all activities of the Facilities department according to provincial regulations and municipal policies, maintaining municipal facilities, overseeing new construction, directing equipment maintenance, supervising staff, preparing budgets and operating the department within budgetary allocations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for running a highly effective, reputable and respected Facilities department comprised of up to 20 staff members (including seasonal).
- Developing and implementing short and long term departmental goals, business plans and objectives in alignment with municipal strategies.
- Preparing reports and giving presentations to Council to communicate and/or recommend program changes.
- Experience with the RFP process, including preparing and submitting RFP’s, RFQ’s and tenders.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours as required to attend scheduled appointments and meetings, and to respond to on-call and emergency situations.
- Promoting a productive work environment while providing regular feedback, performance assessments and coaching to department staff.
- Maintaining positive working relationships with all stakeholders including members of Council, staff, local municipalities, the media and community groups at large.
- Integrating Health and Safety into all aspects of the department’s operations and ensuring that all employees work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
The preferred candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Knowledge and skills in facility management normally acquired through a diploma or degree in Recreational Management or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Parks and Recreation and/or Facility Management, with experience in general management, project management, budgeting, supervision and public relations and exposure to compressors, heating and air conditioning and similar equipment.
- Completion of a refrigeration course and possession of an ice-making certificate.
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and project and asset management software.
- Familiarity or experience in rural/municipal operations would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrates and promotes professionalism, respect and customer oriented behavior.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to meet deadlines, function well under pressure, and respond to frequently changing demands.
- Excellent written communication skills and strong research skills.
Travel is required for this role and a valid Ontario drivers’ licence is needed. The successful candidate must be willing to provide a current (within the last 6 months) Police Vulnerable Sector Check as part of the hiring process.
The Municipality of Bluewater offers excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For a job description of this position, please visit www.municipalityofbluewater.ca.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a covering letter and resume in one PDF document to email@example.com Deadline for submission is 4:30p.m. Friday July 14th, 2017.
The Municipality of Bluewater is an equal opportunity employer. Disability related accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. Personal information for this position is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is used to determine eligibility for potential employment.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.