Senior Project Advisor (Supervisor)
It’s an exciting time to be a leader at Halton Region!
We are committed to the delivery of high quality services in support of making Halton Region a great place to live, work, raise a family, and retire. We are a supportive, challenging and rewarding place to work where you will be recognized for your accomplishments and contributions, and encouraged to grow and succeed in your career.
Department: Public Works
Division: Engineering and Construction
There are two permanent full-time positions available.
If you are looking for a role where you can lead a team towards the delivery projects for the residents of Halton, we want to hear from you. Over the next 10 years, the Region will be investing approximately $2.9 Billion in road, water and wastewater infrastructure. We are committed to delivering high quality infrastructure for the residents, businesses and visitors to Halton Region and we are looking for dedicated, forward thinking and enthusiastic individuals to join our Public Works team!
- Reporting to the Manager, Capital Engineering and Construction, the Senior Project Advisor (Supervisor) is responsible for the delivery of a suite of major linear water, wastewater, and transportation capital projects, utilizing a combination of in-house and external resources.
- You will oversee a team of skilled project managers providing day to day supervision, mentoring and coaching.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineering License
- Minimum 7 years project management experience in the successful delivery of large, complex projects on schedule and budget
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
- Certification in Project Management
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Key Skill Sets:
- Excellent project management skills, including: strategic planning, organization, problem solving, financial management and risk mitigation, to deliver a large suite of projects in a fast paced environment.
- Superior leadership skills, including: day to day supervision, mentoring and coaching, and providing professional guidance, to develop an effective, quality focused and inclusive team.
- Strong oral & written communication, facilitation, negotiation and dispute resolution skills, to successfully interface with multiple stakeholders, including regional staff, contractors, consultants, council and the general public.
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience in planning, design, construction and commissioning of road, water and wastewater infrastructure, including best practices and evolving technologies methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with applicable legislation, standards, documentation and regulatory processes, including:Municipal Class Environmental Assessment, Safe Drinking Water Act, Clean Water Act, Ontario Water Resources Act, Environmental Protection Act, American Water Works Association Standards, Construction Lien Act and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Flexibility in working hours is required for frequent trips to project sites. Incumbent must supply their own transportation.
How to Apply:
Position will remain posted until filled. Posting #: PW-184-17. Halton Job Postings
Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Region is pleased to accommodate applicants who have a disability. Please inform Human Resources at 905-825-6000 ext. 7700 if you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process.