Chief Building Official/Inspector
Town of Aylmer
Reporting to the Director of Planning and Development, this position is responsible for managing the day to day activities and the various legislated requirements related to all forms of building and construction. The successful applicant will also manage the delivery of By-Law enforcement activities and coordinate management of municipal facilities.
- The ideal candidate should possess a Certified Building Official (CBCO) designation and be certified under the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH), including prescribed topics for Chief Building Officials.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma with a focus on Building Management, engineering, architecture or the equivalent would be considered an asset.
- Preferred candidates will have a strong knowledge of the Building Code Act with 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- A valid Class G Driver’s License is also required.
- The applicant must have experience in enforcing and interpreting the Building Code Act, Planning Act and Provincial Policy Statements, municipal zoning and official plans and Property Standards By-laws.
- The successful applicant must also possess the ability to read and interpret construction drawings for plans review and inspection.
- A strong background in Workplace Health and Safety regulations specific to various municipal environments and previous experience in facilities maintenance and management are desirable to the position.
- The preferred candidate must possess strong administrative, organizational and time management skills.
- Working as a part of the Planning and Development Department, positive problem solving and decision making to support the Town’s goal for superior customer service is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in all mediums, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, management and stakeholders is vital.
- Candidates that do not meet all the CBCO requirements may be considered in an Inspector role, willing to work towards the CBCO designation.
Note: The Town’s preferred option would be a candidate seeking a full-time position, but will consider alternate working arrangements such as: contract, part-time (3 days a week).
Salary Range: Under Review
How to Apply:
Application Deadline: Ongoing until filled. A copy of the draft job description can be found at: http://www.aylmer.ca/index.php/HumanResources/EmploymentOpportunities
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a confidential application to:
The Corporation of Town of Aylmer
ATT: Human Resources
46 Talbot St. W.
Aylmer, ON N5H 1J7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Town of Aylmer is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for the recruitment process. Applicants are requested to make their needs known in advance.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.