Chief Administrative Officer
District of Stewart
Are you ready to take on an exciting and challenging leadership role, working with a competent staff, and in collaboration with an energetic and dedicated Mayor and Council?
Here is your opportunity:
The District of Stewart is advantageously placed as a deep-sea port on BC's beautiful northern coast. During the summer the District serves as the hub for expanding mineral exploration in the region and is a major tourist draw given its closeness to Alaska and road access to a major glacier – the Salmon. Recreational opportunities are abundant year round with salmon and halibut fishing down the Canal and first class snowmobiling and heli-skiing on the adjacent mountains is available well into summer. Major economic projects that are currently in process include the Brucejack Gold Mine Project with Pretivm Resource Inc., and the Red Mountain Gold Project with IDM Mining Ltd.
- Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the Chief Administrative Officer is accountable for the operation of all municipal services in the District and will hold the statutory positions of Corporate Officer and Financial Officer.
- The Mayor and Council are seeking an action oriented, self-motivated person to assist them with the challenges of a community which is on the edge of a mining boom and has great potential for renewed growth and development.
- The successful applicant will be a strong confident professional, skilled in collaborating with Mayor and Council, the business community, other government jurisdictions, and will assume total responsibility for the operations of the Municipality – assisting Council in carrying out their duties as well as coaching the municipal staff in achieving their goals.
- Strong credentials in local government administration, a good track record of sound decisions at a senior level and demonstrated proficiency in mentoring and training staff will be important to the Mayor and Council.
- The successful applicant must possess a degree in a related discipline (preferably public administration) or an equivalent education/experience base.
- He/she should have a broad knowledge of the Community Charter and Local Government Act with previous progressive experience in municipal administration, preferably 3 – 5 years.
- A Certificate in Local Government is desirable.
Note: The applicant will be asked to provide a criminal record check and a Class 5 BC Driver's Licence abstract.
Compensation: The District of Stewart offers a competitive salary and benefit package with a starting salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and references in confidence, to the undersigned consultant. For those seeking more details a full information package is available, as is the opportunity to discuss this position further with the consultant.
The posting will close Monday, April 24, 2017.
James R. Craven and Associates Ltd.
We would like to thank all applicants; however, only those being considered will be contacted.