Interim Chief Administrative Officer
Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville
WS is a growing community of 48,000 residents that offers a distinctive blend of urban and suburban. WS has a very diverse local economy and strengths include knowledge-based industries, manufacturing, building and construction as well as agriculture and tourism sectors. Being so close to other major urban areas is a huge asset for the Town and major transportation and communication routes connect WS to areas within York Region, the GTA and internationally. GO Transit and local bus service provide constant and reliable transportation to, from and within the Town. We are a short 35 minute drive to the City of Toronto.
The Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville (WS) is seeking an experienced, proactive and visionary consensus builder to lead the municipality through the remainder of this term of Council and beyond.
- With a staff of 500 and 2017 budget of $87 million, the Interim CAO will work collaboratively with the 7-member Town Council and the senior management team to develop a strategy and business plan to ensure Council priorities are implemented over the next two years.
- The Interim CAO will assess needs and establish targets and direction as a first step to moving forward.
- You will ensure that capital, human resources and business processes are aligned and in place;
- Lead the organization to be innovative and engage the staff to deliver the highest calibre of services to the community;
- Be a change agent and start to transform the organization.
- You have an established track record as an innovative leader and are comfortable implementing change and building trusting relationships with an open and supportive leadership style.
- You have a history of inspiring others with shared enthusiasm for results and accountability and you are known for building high performance teams.
- You have over 10 years of senior municipal, broader public or combined private sector experience.
- You are a forward-thinker who is creative and innovative.
- You foster excellence in others and are known for your capacity to lead with excitement and transform cultures.
Send your resume in confidence to Organization Consulting Limited at CAOTownofWS@oclsearch.ca. Call Robert Johnston at 416-385-9975 for more information.