General Manager, Community and Corporate Services
City of Barrie
The City of Barrie is one of Canada’s most vibrant and progressive communities, a mid-size city that blends the dynamism of the southern Ontario economy and the lifestyle of the most coveted cottage country in the province. As the largest urban centre in Central Ontario, Barrie is poised for significant growth, with a population of 145,000 today that will rise to 253,000 in 2041. Council has a clear vision for this growth that aligns land use, infrastructure, and community amenities, supported by a sustainable financial model, and built on a diversified economy. Having committed to organizational excellence by embracing technology and service reforms, the City of Barrie wishes to lead the shift from reactive service delivery to shaping the municipal services of the future, in the midst of rapid community growth. As a result of a pending retirement, the City is seeking a General Manager to bring this vision to life.
Community and Corporate Services is a broad and diverse Division comprised of Legislative and Court Services, Finance, Recreation, Barrie Fire & Emergency Service, and Corporate Facilities.
- You will provide strategic direction to this team and advice and counsel on both strategic and operational issues;
- Ensure workplans and priorities are aligned with Council’s priorities;
- Lead the business planning and budgeting of the Division and provide guidance and support to your department heads to allow them to excel at delivering services to the community.
- You will also develop and oversee the implementation of long range plans.
- As a member of the Executive Management Team, you will play an integral role in the development of a positive and passionate organizational culture that leads to high performance customer service to the community and corporation and contribute to setting corporate direction and foster an environment of collaboration on inter-divisional/corporate planning and strategic initiatives.
- You possess at least ten years of senior management experience in the municipal sector and have led complex and diverse portfolios.
- With your university degree and relevant credentials, you have developed a reputation as consultative and inclusive.
- Your experience demonstrates that you have a passion for leading people and developing great communities.
To explore this opportunity further, please contact Julia Robarts in Odgers Berndtson’s Toronto office at 416-366-1990 or submit your resume and related information online to http://www.odgersberndtson.com/en/careers/13890
Applications will be considered immediately and with a deadline of Friday, April 21, 2017.
The City of Barrie is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), upon request, accommodation will be provided by both Odgers Berndtson and the City of Barrie throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.