Chief Administrative Officer
Village of Belledune
Belledune is a great place to live. Located in northern New Brunswick, this community offers a quality of life that is second to none. In summer, residents and visitors enjoy the Bay of Chaleur – recognized internationally as one of the world’s 30 most beautiful bays – and numerous other outdoor activities such as camping, hiking and water sports. Winter is equally enjoyable for families with sleigh rides, ice fishing, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing and winter carnivals.
With an abundance of nearby natural resources, a year-round, deep-water port, an excellent transportation infrastructure, and an exceptional work force, Belledune has also evolved as a major industrial centre providing a stable tax base for the community.
- As Chief Administrative Officer, you are responsible for managing the daily activities of the Village in accordance with the new Local Governance Act of New Brunswick.
- Working with an experienced Mayor and Council of five members, you will be accountable for providing leadership in developing and implementing policies and programs for the Village.
- You will provide timely guidance to Council and under their direction ensure that all services are carried out effectively and within budget.
- A strong leader and facilitator, you will support staff in achieving their performance objectives.
- You will liaise with various stakeholders, such as elected officials, other levels of government, and the community on key projects affecting the Village.
- You will also keep an open line of communication with residents to ensure they are aware of all major policies and initiatives being undertaken.
- As the ideal candidate, you have several years’ experience in government, business or the not-for-profit sector.
- You have suitable academic and professional credentials and a solid track record building consensus among elected officials, staff, citizens, and other levels of government.
- You understand the challenges facing rural municipalities and are familiar with best practices in economic development, financial management, administrative, operations, human resources and governance.
- You have a successful track record of accomplishments and possess well-developed personal qualities including integrity, personal values, communication, problem solving and leadership skills.
Sound like you? If so, write us a letter explaining how you can be the CAO they need. You can attach a resume as well. You can email this information to us at email@example.com, quoting project number 1715 in the subject line before closing date of: Thursday, April 20, 2017.