Compliance & Enforcement Officer
Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority
Full Time – OPSEU Union Position
Summary of Duties:
Responsible for inspecting and investigating complaints and subsequent enforcement duties relating to applicable Regulations, including education and compliance strategies, enforcement protocols, legal/prosecution activities, record keeping/reporting, and assisting with approval processing and regulation inquiries. The Compliance & Enforcement Officer will order the implementation of necessary corrective and control actions for compliance under the applicable authority.
- Interprets, responds to and investigates complaints related to applicable regulations and policies.
- Works with landowners to resolve issues and violations, ideally by voluntary compliance, negotiating reasonable solutions.
- Processes development applications pursuant to applicable regulations and policies.
- Assists in processing Harvesting Permits.
- Responds to property inquiries and outlines constraints, policy implications and permit requirements.
- Attends court, giving testimony and preparing prosecution briefs regarding violations.
- Diploma from a recognized college in Engineering, Environmental Studies or Sciences.
- Courses related to Municipal Law Enforcement or Policing an asset.
- Three years’ experience in a municipal or government organization responsible for enforcement and compliance.
- Experience using and interpreting data for GIS mapping software.
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- Detailed knowledge of applicable environmental legislation.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Valid Class G driver’s license
Salary Range: $32.54-$38.28/hr (35 hours per week)
Please apply on-line at www.npca.ca/careers. Application Deadline: Friday, March 3, 2017
For a more detailed job description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Compliance & Enforcement Officer” in the subject line