Public Works Compliance Coordinator
Town of The Blue Mountains
The Town of The Blue Mountains is a growing and progressive, four-season community with stunning natural features, including the Niagara Escarpment, Beaver Valley and the Georgian Bay shoreline, accompanied by the various recreational activities and experiences they afford. We are seeking to fill a new permanent, full-time position of Public Works Compliance Coordinator in our Infrastructure & Public Works Department.
Advantages of The Blue Mountains include excellent quality of life, endless opportunities, the amenities of a complete community and proximity to the Greater Toronto Area, come join us…
Infrastructure and Public Works Department
- Reporting directly to the Manager of Roads & Drainage, the successful candidate will assist the Town in achieving higher performance through effective and efficient compliance of roads, drainage and solid waste operations with all relevant legislations, best practices and policies.
- Help the Town in achieve higher performance through assisting in the proactive and innovative construction, operations and maintenance of the community’s road, drainage and solid waste infrastructure.
- Assist the Town in managing risk related to the operation of the solid waste disposal site and road network.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Community College graduate of a 3 year program of civil engineering design of municipal infrastructure or equivalent
- Eligible for membership in OACETT
- Experienced user of AutoCAD, GIS
- A minimum of 3 -5 years administrative / compliance experience in a municipal engineering or operations environment with emphasis on roads maintenance and contract administration.
Salary Range: $54,503.83 - $66,916.41 (2016 Rate) Permanent, Full-Time (35 hours/week)
Information for Interested Candidates:
A detailed job description and instructions on how to apply are available on the Town’s website, www.thebluemountains.ca under Local Government – Career Opportunities. The submission deadline for applications is 4:30 PM on Friday, March 3, 2017.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Personal information provided by the applicants is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.