City Manager/Chief Administrative Officer
City of Barrie
Lead a Vibrant and Progressive Community
The City of Barrie is one of Canada’s most vibrant and progressive communities, a mid-size city that blends the dynamism of the southern Ontario economy and the lifestyle of the most coveted cottage country in the province. As the largest urban centre in Central Ontario, Barrie is poised for significant growth, with a population of 145,000 today that will rise to 253,000 in 2041. Council has a clear vision for this growth that aligns land use, infrastructure, and community amenities, supported by a sustainable financial model, and built on a diversified economy. Having committed to organizational excellence by embracing technology and service reforms, the City of Barrie wishes to lead the shift from reactive service delivery to shaping the municipal services of the future, in the midst of rapid community growth. The City Manager is charged with implementing this process of community growth and organizational change.
As the strategic guide and Chief Administrative Officer, you will serve the people of Barrie with passion and a drive for innovation in municipal service.
- You will oversee all municipal services and functions through the City’s leadership team, and maintain and enhance the City’s responsible approach to financial management through strategic investments that will position the City for the future.
- You will continually ensure that the City is forward-thinking in legislative compliance, policy formulation, environmental stewardship and labour relations management.
- You are customer focused and team based and will foster a culture that acknowledges the corporation’s most important role is serving our residents.
- Working with the Mayor, Council and your team, you’ll contribute to the next chapter of Barrie’s success story as it welcomes residents and businesses of the future.
- With more than 15 years of senior public or combined private sector experience you are known for building trusting relationships with an open and supportive leadership style.
- Comfortable working with elected officials, you are an exceptional consensus builder and have worked with diverse stakeholder groups.
- You are politically astute, have overseen strategic planning processes, and are known for your ability to execute and achieve ambitious goals.
To explore this opportunity further, please contact Julia Robarts in Odgers Berndtson’s Toronto office at 416-366-1990 or submit your resume and related information online to http://www.odgersberndtson.com/en/careers/13897
Applications will be considered immediately and with a deadline of Wednesday, March 15, 2017.
The City of Barrie is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), upon request, accommodation will be provided by both Odgers Berndtson and the City of Barrie throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.