Real Estate Appraiser/Negotiator
City of Vaughan
CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. Vaughan is considered one of Canada’s most family friendly cities with a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
Real Estate Department
JOB # J0217-0325
- In this position you will be responsible for property agent functions which includes the evaluation and recommendation of sales, acquisitions and leasing of land and buildings within the City of Vaughan, and for the valuation of various parcels for municipal purposes or cash-in-lieu.
- Reporting to the Senior Manager of Real Estate, you will be responsible for negotiating agreements between the City and owners of property which includes recommending acceptable terms related to the transaction and adhering to policies and procedures, drafting reports and preparing By-laws, Agreements of Purchase and Sale, Permissions to Enter, Leases and other documents.
- You will be required to provide advice and guidance to City departments on various real estate related issues, policies and procedures.
- Community College Diploma in Business or suitable equivalent.
- Completion of Appraisal Institute of Canada courses and/or International Right of Way
Association courses or equivalent Real Estate Administration courses.
- Minimum of five (5) years' relevant and progressive experience in real estate appraisal,
sales, leasing and acquisition, preferably in a government/municipal environment.
- General knowledge of legislative acts affecting real property and municipal development
approvals and processes in the municipal environment.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, negotiation and communication skills.
- Excellent report writing abilities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public and with Council in matters of real estate.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and various software packages.
- Valid Class "G" drivers licence, in good standing, and reliable vehicle to use on corporate
In addition to offering a competitive compensation package, we have a strong focus on health and wellness, including fitness facilities and family-focused benefits.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please click here to apply online by Tuesday, February 28, 2017.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.