Manager, Human Resources
Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville
Job # 2017-034-IE
Department: Human Resources, Office of the CAO
Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Date Closing: Tuesday, February 28, 2017, at 4:30 p.m.
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours/Shifts: 37.5 hours per week, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
Salary Range: $97,286 – $118,385 per year
- Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, this leadership role is responsible for overseeing the Human Resources team delivering a broad range of strategic and operational HR functions in order to develop and maintain an employee-oriented culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance.
- Operating at both strategic and operational levels, the Manager identifies HR priorities and recommends solutions which support business objectives, and develops and implements initiatives for continuous improvement, establishing metrics for regular measurement of corporate HR effectiveness.
- Main responsibilities will include the development and deployment of progressive human resources policies/programs in areas including recruitment/onboarding, health and safety, compensation, talent management, training and development, employee benefits, labour relations and organizational/leadership development.
- The Manager provides expert professional advice and support to managers and staff in a mixed unionized and non-unionized work environment, on a wide spectrum of people management issues and related legislation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The successful candidate is an experienced human resources leader with broad HR/business expertise and has a track record of success in driving organizational change in high-performance, fast changing environments. In addition, candidates will possess:
- University degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, or related discipline, or a combination of education and related experience
- Current CHRL designation and active member of the Human Resources Professional Association
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience in a senior Human Resources role, preferably in a public sector/municipal environment. Must have experience with unionized environments
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and project management skills, with the ability to build collaborative working relationships with unions, senior management team and all members of staff
- Thorough working knowledge of key legislation, including Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and other applicable employment related legislation
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet research; experience using a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) is an asset
- Valid class G Driver’s License in good standing, and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business
- Availability to attend evening and/or weekend meetings or events as required
How to Apply:
Please forward your resume in confidence by Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 4:30 p.m., identifying Job # 2017-034-IE in the subject line to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to diversity and a barrier-free environment: Whitchurch-Stouffville is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and as we grow, it’s important that our workforce reflect the citizens we serve. At the Town, we respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.