Drinking Water Quality Management System Coordinator
Town of Richmond Hill
With an engaged population of over 209,000 residents located within York Region in southern Ontario, Richmond Hill is a diverse community that is committed to providing an exceptional quality of life for its residents. Richmond Hill is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team where Council and staff are committed to providing exceptional public service to our community. Visit RichmondHill.ca to learn more about the place “Where people come together to build our community.”
Department: Community Services
Contract: April 2017 – April 2018
- Reporting to the Manager of Water and Wastewater, you will implement and administer all requirements of the Drinking Water Quality Management System (DWQMS), including updating and maintaining standard operating procedures, operational plans, financial plans, as well as, process and policies for the DWQMS in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- The Drinking Water Quality Management System Program Coordinator will update procedures for the performance of internal audits of the DWQMS; conduct or facilitate those audits and assist with external auditors.
- This position will ensure all personnel are aware of the applicable legislation and regulatory requirements of their duties, including interpreting new legislation that may affect duties and responsibilities.
- As the Drinking Water Quality Management System Program Coordinator you will develop and conduct training for staff, oversee and track all training records and ensure that those requirements are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- In addition, this position will administer the web-based Intelex application; facilitate management review, corrective action and continual improvement processes; coordinate drinking water license and permit applications, renewals, modifications and communicate QMS information to staff, Senior Management and Council; liaise with other municipalities and relevant organizations; and coordinate the accreditation process.
- You possess a University degree in Environmental Studies, Sciences or Engineering along with 5 to 7 years of experience complemented by completion of Internal Audit training and/or experience, as well as, familiarity with management systems and standards (ISO 14001).
- You have a detailed knowledge and understanding of Drinking Water Quality Management Standard (DWQMS) and Municipal Drinking Water Licensing Program and drinking water systems and the ability to interpret provincial drinking water legislation and regulations.
- You have experience with and the ability to develop policies and procedures, as well as, report writing for Staff Reports to Council and other related reports.
- You have lead meetings, training sessions and related activities.
- You are a team player with excellent communications, interpersonal and report writing skills.
- Your experience includes the promotion and maintenance of good client and public relations in addition to your ability to exercise sound judgment.
- You are familiar with Risk Assessment methodologies and processes; and possess a working knowledge of web-based Intelex software.
- The successful candidate will possess a valid Ontario Class 'G' driver’s license in good standing and provide a current satisfactory Ontario driver's abstract from the M.T.O. upon hire.
Hourly Rate: $39.55. - $46.52.
To apply visit our website at: RichmondHill.ca/Employment. Applications will be accepted up to 4:30 p.m., on Monday, February 27, 2017.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The Town of Richmond Hill is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.