Supervisor of Transit Operations and Infrastructure
City of Barrie
The City of Barrie is committed to providing excellence in municipal services for the 140,000+ citizens of this vibrant and prosperous community, one of the fastest growing and most beautiful lakefront cities in Ontario.
The Corporation is seeking a friendly, personable, dedicated, enterprising and results-oriented leader. The City of Barrie provides a dynamic operating environment and working conditions.
Department: Transit and Parking Strategy
Under the general guidance and direction of the Director of Transit and Parking Strategy, the Supervisor of Transit Operations and Infrastructure position is responsible for the supervision and execution of the contractual relationship outlined in the Performance Based Project Agreement between Barrie Transit and the contract service provider.
- Specifically, this position is responsible for supervising and analyzing Barrie Transit’s planning and operations for conventional and specialized transit service.
- Additionaly, this position is responsible for the implementation of all transit asset management contracts;
- The development of transit operational reports; development of transit operational policies and procedures; and provides supervision of the overall transit planning and scheduling process.
- Overall, this position plays an integral role in establishing the foundation for effectively managing, maintaining, and adhering to the provisions of the Performance Based Project Agreement, which will enable the City of Barrie to make informed decisions, better manage the transit services provided to is residents and visitors, and improve ridership growth.
- Three (3) year University Degree in Business, Engineering or related discipline
- Four (4) year university degree in business, engineering or related discipline is preferred
- One (1) year Post Graduate Certificate in Urban Planning is preferred
- Transit Ambassador Certification from the Canadian Urban Transit Association (CUTA) is preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and/or related certification from association, organization and/or institution is preferred
- Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s Licence in good standing
- Five (5) years of experience performing duties related to the above mentioned major responsibilities within a transit operations and maintenance work environment, including leadership/supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience in public transit operations and maintenance, contract administration, and project management
- Seven (7) years of experience performing duties related to the above mentioned major responsibilities within a unionized transit operations and maintenance work environment, including leadership/supervisory experience is preferred
The normal hours of work are Monday through Friday (40 hours per week); however some non-standard hours may be required.
This is a Level-12 position on the Non-Union Pay Scale with a 2016 pay range of $84,771 to $103,071 per year ($40.76 to $49.55/hr).
Should you not meet the key educational qualifications for this position but have extensive directly related work experience, please see the City’s Education Equivalency Procedure to determine if you may qualify for equivalency. Information is available at www.barrie.ca/JobOpps.
Due to certain market conditions, there may be circumstances where qualified candidates are not available to fill vacant positions. The Corporation, in these cases, may consider candidates who do not meet the minimum qualifications to fill the role in accordance with the Development Status Procedure. Applicants must include proof of educational status, licenses (no driver’s licence), certification, etc., with their application.
For full details regarding this position, please visit our website at www.barrie.ca/JobOpps.
Please submit your resume electronically by quoting file #E-17-10 Supervisor of Transit Operations and Infrastructure (MS Word format only; quote file number in subject line), by Thursday, February 23, 2017 to:
Human Resources Department,
City of Barrie, P.O. Box 400,
Barrie, Ontario, L4M 4T5
We thank all applicants and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, S.O. 2001, c.25 and will be used to determine employment eligibility. Questions regarding collection should be directed to the Human Resources Department at 705-739-4202.