Director of Infrastructure & Environmental Services
Town of Aurora
Division of Human Resources
- Reporting to the CAO, you are responsible for the planning, development and general/financial management of the Infrastructure and Environmental Services Department overseeing infrastructure maintenance and operations which includes roads operations, water/wastewater management, facilities, fleet maintenance, solid waste management, and engineering services.
- You will be responsible for capital works, design services, development engineering, environmental matters, and infrastructure needs assessment.
- As the ideal candidate, you are a highly effective communicator and collaborative leader with demonstrated ability to inspire and strengthen a diverse, talented team of professionals.
- Along with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Sciences, you are also a full member (or eligible for registration) of the Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario.
- You have at least seven to ten years of progressive experience at a management level in a municipal Public Works and Engineering environment; ideally with experience in a unionized setting.
- You have a thorough working knowledge or roads/water/sewer construction and maintenance management, waste management, provincial subsidy processes, applicable legislative/regulatory standards, and local government functions/responsibilities.
- You have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills, enabling you to lead your team to deliver on a complex variety of projects and work.
- Your analytical skills, combined with your financial acumen and written communication skills enable you to prepare detailed reports and budgets for Council.
- Using your strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences, you deal effectively with all levels of staff and government, elected officials, consultants, developers, contractors, the general public, and community organizations.
- Using your experience in project-management, and strategic planning, you strengthen the department’s ability to deliver on municipal priorities and objectives.
- You are known for your leadership skills, with high performance standards, and a fair, supportive and developmental approach with employees.
Successful applicants to this position will be required to provide a Police Criminal Record Check that is satisfactory to the Town prior to their start date.
If you are interested in joining our dedicated team of municipal professionals, please forward your resume to:
Human Resources, Town of Aurora,
100 John West Way, Box 1000,
Aurora, Ontario, L4G 6J1
Email to: email@example.com by Thursday, March 2, 2017 quoting reference number 17-17.
The Town of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to recognizing and celebrating the diversity of opinion, talent and expertise that make each person unique. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants requiring accommodation are asked to contact Human Resources. Applicant information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine qualifications for employment with the Town of Aurora. Questions about this collection of personal information should be directed to the Manager of Human Resources at 905-727-3123.