Work Management System Coordinator
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Job Id#: 20324
Department: Environmental Services
Branch: Operations, Maintenance and Monitoring
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 35; Scheduled Shifts: 0830 - 1630 Temporary Full-Time, Approx. 15 months,
Salary Range: $44.73 - $48.60 per hour This is a Union position.
Reporting to the Program Manager, OMM Process Optimization and Analytics, is responsible for developing the Computerized Work Management System (i.e. Maximo) standards, policies, procedures and business practices; applying the work management system in developing business, financial reports and key performance indicators; assisting in planning, coordinating and performing asset tagging; assisting in developing and preparing job plans and preventative maintenance; developing, implementing and monitoring system auditing and QA/QC programs; aligning the work management system to support on-site inspections to ensure that work is in accordance with all regulations, acts and standards; overseeing and co-ordinating software training initiatives for Branch staff; developing and maintaining awareness of product enhancements, service solutions, upcoming software releases and patches; and making recommendations for improvements and upgrades to the Steering Committee.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in a Computer, Chemical, Environmental, Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation or Engineering program or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years experience with responsibilities for maintenance, work management and/or asset management in the water and wastewater field or equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience overseeing the successful performance of a multi-site computerized work management system (e.g. Maximo).
- Solid understanding and experience in maintenance best practices and concepts, performance measures, condition assessment and continuous improvement.
- Completion or the ability to successfully complete courses in Asset Management, Preventative Maintenance, CPR & First Aid and Confined Space Entry.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s licence, free of any serious offences under the Highway Traffic Act.
- Knowledge of industry related Acts, Regulations and Guidelines.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications and proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and scheduling applications and the use of a computerized work management software, preferably IBM Maximo..
- Understanding/ability to read technical manuals and engineering drawings.
- Ability to wear a Self Contained Breathing Apparatus to enter confined spaces.
- Ability to develop and deliver Branch specific training programs and conduct presentations.
- Availability and ability to respond to emergency situations and work outside normal scheduled hours, as required.
Please apply on-line at www.york.ca by Wednesday, February 22, 2017, quoting competition #20324. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit the above-mentioned website.