Supervisor, SCADA Data Management and Support
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Job Id #: 20325
Department: Environmental Services
Branch: Operations, Maintenance and Monitoring
Location: Newmarket, Ontario.
Salary Range: $102,434 - $120,449 annually This is a Union position. Temporary Full-Time, Approx. 12 months
- Reporting to the Manager, PCS/SCADA Assets, is responsible for supervising and managing the use of SCADA Data Historians and databases for collecting process regulatory and flow meter billing data;
- Managing SCADA databases network management and emergency responses including disaster recovery;
- Supervising the work of SCADA contractors related to data collection and management, including project definitions, coordination, implementation and performance;
- Ensuring PCS/SCADA data standards are adhered to and all regulatory data meets compliance requirements;
- Ensuring all SCADA data is available for various Branches and oversight of data analytics and business intelligence related to SCADA;
- Supervising all aspects of the Alarm Management program and ensuring it meets regulatory requirements.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience providing support in data Management systems, including Real Time Data Acquisition, data integrity and security for SCADA Systems and program management, including demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Knowledge of programing techniques and data base management for applications and systems, such as Historians, VMware, Oracle, SQL, and Access, including data analytics.
- Knowledge of industry standard SCADA software and hardware.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, Acts and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of data requirements related to water, wastewater treatment, collection and distribution system management and operations techniques.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self management, accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Management competencies including results/achievement focus, human resources management, leadership, financial management, business planning, decision making/judgement, representation and professionalism and job knowledge.
- Analytical and database skills utilizing applications such as SQL, Oracle, Access.
- Good communication, presentation and inter-relationship skills.
- Mathematical ability using data analytics.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications and VMware.
- Contemporary staff supervisory skills including knowledge of collective agreement administration and interpretation, labour relations principles and practices, and relevant employment legislation.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
Please apply on-line at www.york.ca by Thursday, February 23, 2017, quoting competition #20325. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit the above-mentioned website.